• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking redoses after initial drop

Elation31

Greenlighter
When I take MDMA, I've noticed that my experience is pretty intense from the come up of the initial drop onwards (and I'm usually only taking around 60-80mg), and that after coming up I can feel the effects for a good 5-6 hours if I focus on them. I rarely take a second 'bump' dose, because in my experience it either does nothing for me or actually makes me feel like shit for a couple of hours, so I generally avoid it. I've also done a fair bit of research and know that bumping can be quite damaging to the serotonin receptors, which puts me off.

In contrast, my boyfriend seems to have a significantly less intense, shorter lived experience when he takes his initial dose (maybe an hour - an hour and a half of feeling high) before he starts getting tired and coming down. He starts with doses of anything between 80mg to 130mg, usually more towards the higher end. However, when he redoses (and that could be an hour in or 3-4 hours after his initial drop) he seems significantly more fucked for much longer period of time. He usually bumps/redoses with the same amount that he took initially (which I nag him about because I know he is redosing with too much, but I'm not his mum).

I'm curious as to why this difference exists and why it is that he seems to get so much more fucked (but has such a stronger and more pleasurable come up) with the second dose than the first, when a lot of what I've read would suggest that he shouldn't have as much serotonin left to release the second time round, so the effects shouldn't feel more intense? With the second dose he can often hardly keep his eyes open, becomes a lot less aware of his surroundings etc. I am curious as to what might be going on with his neurotransmitters, why a second more damaging dose might be experienced as more pleasurable, and whether anyone else experiences their redose more intensely and pleasurably than the come up of their initial dose.

I know it may not be the smart way of doing it, but I have a high tolerance like your bf and sometimes the one hit just one get you feeling the high that you were looking for. I always need to redose to get strong effects, but that's also because I abused MDxx quite a bit when I was younger and didn't know better. I'll get a very short lived high if I were to just take one dose.

Everyone's biochemistry is different. Also more 'fucked up' is not necessarily better. We've all seen people going loopy after 3rd-4th dose, yet this does not mean their 4th dose is more pleasurable than 1st if they are drooling on the floor (usually implies you did too much).

If he is over 100lbs, and has had some experience, 80mg may be on the light side. First dose also usually tends to determine the overall intensity of the roll. Test your pills, if pure mdma, try 0.8mg per lb of body weight as start. i.e. 120-130mg for a 150lb person. If he still finds first roll to be lame then he may be more unique than average.

PS. Redosing 1 hour in? that seems strange, unless you are doing BK. and if you are doing BK than we are on a different subject.