• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Oxycodone 9 hours after Xanax

majorpaine

Greenlighter
This morning, a bit before 10, I took 1.5mg of Alprazolam (Xanax). It's now a little past 7 at night and I really want to take 45mg of Oxycodone for back pain. Though my tolerance for benzos is mostly nonexistent, aside from a few circumstances, my tolerance for Oxycodone has recently reached as much as 120mg a day. Also, I'm certainly not feeling the Xanax anymore. Basically, my question is: With my tolerance of opiates, is it okay to take the Oxy around 9 1/2 hours after my Xanax dose?

You should be fine going on the assumption you dont take Xanax on a regular basis.

This morning, a bit before 10, I took 1.5mg of Alprazolam (Xanax). It's now a little past 7 at night and I really want to take 45mg of Oxycodone for back pain. Though my tolerance for benzos is mostly nonexistent, aside from a few circumstances, my tolerance for Oxycodone has recently reached as much as 120mg a day. Also, I'm certainly not feeling the Xanax anymore. Basically, my question is: With my tolerance of opiates, is it okay to take the Oxy around 9 1/2 hours after my Xanax dose?

1.5mg and no issues with no benzo tolerance ? hmm how do you do it?

xanax has a very short half life you might still have some lingering around maybe .75mg worth??? could be wrong i would wait it out a few more hours then take the oxy

1.5mg and no issues with no benzo tolerance ? hmm how do you do it?

xanax has a very short half life you might still have some lingering around maybe .75mg worth??? could be wrong i would wait it out a few more hours then take the oxy
I've tried Xanax one other time at 0.5mg but didn't feel anything. I've read that 1.5 can be a lot for those with no tolerance but benzos have never really done much for me anyway. Decided to try a little more today because I felt particularly high strung, but I think I'm just gonna stick to the narcos. Love the energy they give me. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I decided to take the 45mg and it doesn't feel like the opiate high has been tampered with by any lingering Xanax effects. I think I'm good!

Honestly at 1.5mg you could take that WITH your oxy and you'd be fine. More sedated but definitely in no risk of OD or even close.

Is this a real question? I have taken 10 mg of xanax & 10 oxy 80's at once. You'll be fine, sleep like a baby.

Is this a real question? I have taken 10 mg of xanax & 10 oxy 80's at once. You'll be fine, sleep like a baby.

10mg of xanax with 800mg of oxycodone all at once? I highly doubt that.