• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

taking mdma with antipsychotics

trofey

Greenlighter
i am taking antipsihotics - invega. it is written that it is an antagonist of some dopamine and serotonine receptors. the question is - can i use mdma with it, or it will be no effect? maybe i need to make a little pause with invega, for maybe three days, and take mdma then? it is written that invega affects after 24 hours after taking...

Yeah I wouldn't take Antipsychotics and MDMA together. If your planning on taking MDMA then I'd suggest you stop taking the Antipsychotics for at least a few days. 3-4 days should be suffice.

I would strong recommend you dont skip does for your antipsychotic to take mdma. Your taking a drug which i believe is a antagonist (basically blocks) seritonin 5-ht2a, dopamine d2, and alpha Adrenic receptors.

I think mdma and its metabolite act at the monoamine transports net sert and dat, taar and vmat receptors, 5ht1 and 5ht2 receptors, and alpha adrenic receptors. Essentially all in direct opposite of a drug your taking medically.

Is it really worth a few hours of euphoria to risk a psychotic episode, manic episode, or whatever.

Think about it your taking a drug because naturally your brain may be a bit out of balance. No big deal i take lithium for example because naturally i tend to be very unstable and suicidal. When i take it i feel fine. But if i stopped it to go and party well i might jump off a bridge. Especially, if i took something that did the exact opposite of lithium.

Im not trying to bash mdma or say its a bad drug. Just for some people might be a bad idea due to medical reasons.

ok i'd better wait until the end of the therapy
and how about heroin, maybe i can use it, or it will be no effect too?

Last edited:
I mean i dont know much about heroin. But, why dont you give invega a chance without any drugs? I mean if you start using drugs its gunna be a b*tch to stop and you wont be able to tell if the invega is helping when your on drugs. Chances are your self medicating. Just before someone i know who had a psychotic episode severely injured his testicles he started asking me about any drug he could find. Im not saying your psychotic. But, invega is a pretty potent drug so my guess is just like how i have to take some potent sh*t because i was dealing with some seriously f*cked mental b*llsh*t (which btw i would take anything and everything to get some hope of relief). That your also dealing with some serious sh*t. And, maybe you might be able to get some help and relief. Im not bashing any heroin user not everyone has the same brain genes past money privledge ect . But, i think right now you might have a opportunity to a different more widely accepted path. I cant tell you how much better i feel not worrying about the law and all the other bs that comes with illegal drugs. Now i dont agree with those laws but its stressfull. Im no expert but im willing to bet heroin will be there even long after we die. So whats the rush. If the invega isnt addressing something maybe they can add something