Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking MDMA for the first time - some advice

peaks

Greenlighter
Hi everyone :)

So, I decided I will be taking MDMA for the first time this summer.

I had opportunities to try it before, but I wanted to wait for a "special" day for my first time, and am paranoid about trying new things (i researched weed for a week before i tried it the first time) and this summer after saving money and planning it for a long time I'll be going to Tomorrowland and want it to be there.

I did quite a bit of research, but reading articles is different from interacting with real people! So if you don't mind I'd like to ask you guy some questions:

1. How do I know how much MDMA is in a pill since it's my first time? Should I just get a testing kit, and if its pure, start off with half and see how I react?

2. How much can I safely take? Should I stick to one day? Or try it the first day and then take it again on the last day if I respond well?

3. In the past I had some issues with weed induced anxiety and DP/DR (which is actually fixed now - I still smoke and got through it), can I still take MDMA relatively safely?

4. Since i'll be a "newbie", how can I spot "good" mdma apart from tests?

Thanks a lot :)

1. The thing with pills is you never know what's in them. Even well known high content pills get copied after a while and contain other adulterants. a testing kit might indicate what substance is actually in the pill, but not how much.

2. You should only take one pill on one occasion. Binging several days in a row on E's is a great way of losing the Magic early and burning out your Serotonin receptors. Stick to only one day during the vacations. Try splitting the pill and take one half at first and take the other half about 2 hours later (as a booster dose).

3. Yes, just remember you took this drug to enjoy the feeling. Don't over-analyze things and you'll be fine. Mdma can also be little psychedelic but not much more than weed imo.

4. It is a very distinct feeling. Surprise yourself. You will feel veeeery euphoric, happy and satisfied. Problems on this world will fade away and you will just feel this pure bliss and empathy towards your friends and mates. You will pretty much babble and laugh about any trivial detail and open yourself up to others and tell them vgery personal stuff, you would probably not talk about in a sober state. Your social barriers and inhibitions are vanished. Having friends that are also rolling while you are is important to the event because you will want to have people with you that share your feeling and talk with them because Mdma is one of the few empathogenic drugs that are out there.

Just don't over-analyze things and try to enjoy it
The first time will be very special :)

^
good advices.

i just want to add one thing to your first question.

when you buy a pill at the festival and are unsure how much mdma it contains, go to pillreports.com and look out the pill for info. this is smart, because you have very good chances to score a dutch 200mg pill there, and for a firstimer at a festival, that dose could be overwhelming, so you better start with half.

you gonna feel so much safer buying a pill if you have been reading about that exact pill beforehand. get to know which pills that circulate the area before you leave. pillreports.com - europe - netherlands/belgium

see you there ;-)

get a test kit to make sure what your taking is mdma, like others have said theres no way to be 100% that its straight mdma, but if the test turns out good, you should be good to go. it will be the best feeling you've ever felt, you will fall in love with life and everything/everyone around you <3

don't do it alone, do it at home with someone you want to roll with. its a mutual experience.

Well your first experience will be something you will never forget! :) just make sure it's real MDMA. Mdma can come in different forms (powder/crystal) so it's hard to tell without a test kit.. :/ and it will be hard to tell just by taking it because there are many other substitutes that could make you feel good like mdma. So I really do recommend getting a test kit!
But don't take anymore than 1. my first time I took a lil chip half of a 'print' pill ( white diamond pokeball) and I was sky high all night :)
& your anxiety shouldn't be much to worry about! It can even make your anxiety better!

check out rollsafe.org it lists things you can do to reduce neurotoxicity etc. It is a harm reduction guide.

Also if you get overwhelmed smoke a cigarette and move to the back of the crowd in a more open space. One bottle of water/gatorade an hour. No more no lesson. Drinking too much water is as dangerous as drinking too little.

Consider taking some ginger/ginger root if you have a week stomach. It makes people I know nauseous.

Also if you're getting MDXX pills the taste will be disgusting if you lick it. If it doesn't taste atrocious it's no MDXX that is my first line of defence.
If you start tripping balls you didn't get MDMA. MDA will give slightly more visuals though.
If you feel your heart rushing like crazy and just want to over think everything and talk a lot you probably didn't get MDXX or at least it is very 'speedy'.
You should feel warm and happy on MDMA.
This can help you identify what you took after the fact. But I can't stress how important it is to test. A test kit costs $30 and can save your life. Even if 'you know the guy'. He could be getting ripped off higher up the chain.
I am a 6ft2 215 pound caucasian male and 150mg of (80-85%) purity is a perfect dose for me. Please don't re dose after your first roll. It can really fuck up your week because you don't know what your crash will be like.
I realize this thread is probably dead but incase others want to see it. This is my advice. MDMA is an amazing and powerful drug but it demands respect.