• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking MDMA at a rock concert

lauren12k

Bluelighter
I'm going to a rock concert in about 4 weeks. I'm not a huge fan of the band's music, the ticket was pretty cheap so I'm mostly just going for the concert experience. Usually MDMA is associated with raves and dance music so if I took it at this rock concert would I enjoy it? I do like rock and metal music but I just haven't listened to this band much.

Concerts are also a good way to make new friends as everyone there enjoys the same thing but I always find it hard to talk to new people when I'm out so I think taking some E pills will help with that.

Also it is a very small venue, it only holds a few hundred people so do you think the security or someone else would notice I'm on something and kick me out or worse, get me arrested? I don't want to do anything if there's a high chance of me being caught and I would imagine I would be the only person there rolling.

At this venue when you go they check your bag and if you have any drinks they will take them off you. They have cups of water but only give them out every hour and there's only a small chance you will get one as the only give out about 10 cups. I know drinking water is very important while rolling so this could be a problem.

Would it be safe for me to be in the crowd or should I stay out of the crowd? The crowds at these concerts are usually fairly rough and there will be a few mosh pits. I don't know if it would be safe for me to be in a pit?

I will only be taking pills, not pure MDMA. How many pills would be "safe" to take in this environment if each pill is 125mg?

Last edited:
I've taken ecstasy 6 times before, I know what the drug is but I've just never taken it in an environment such as that. I am going by what it says on pill reports that they are 125mg.

If you've taken it 6 times before, and the first time you ever took it was late July, then you're already well on the way to breaking yourself. This doesn't really add up either.

You're lying for no reason to the same people you're asking for help and advice from, what do you want us to do?

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't have taken it that many times since the end of July but nothing has gone wrong so far and I haven't got any tolerance as far as I can see (so far). I have decided to stop taking it as much though and I'm going to space out my rolls better now. I think the last time I had a pill was 27th august. I'm not lying about anything, I was just asking some questions.

EDIT: The next time I plan on rolling (at the concert) will be the 6th of october so it will be over a month between my last roll.

I'm not really particularly a huge fan of Electronic music. Any time I've taken MDMA at a concert it was rock music or some variety of experimental rock music. Always had a blast.

The only thing with MD & rock is that imo the high and the atmosphere almost clash. For me rock is about getting amped to fuck, getting rowdy and agro and MD is a bit more chill, like you cna be buzzed for stuff but it's not a pushy roundy drug at all and tbh thats every rock thing I've ever been to & I think I would find it uncomfortable in that kind of atmosphere.
Water-wise, it sounds dodgy. I wouldn't roll if i were in your position.

If you like the kind of music you'll have fun, just try to space out your rolls more in the future and maybe invest in a test kit so you know what chemicals you are putting into your body. A scale is also a good idea so you don't go overboard by accident one night or so you don't under dose, that always sucks.

Save your MDMA for a more PLUR enviorment. Maybe try a psychadelic?

They have cups of water but only give them out every hour and there's only a small chance you will get one as the only give out about 10 cups.

The crowds at these concerts are usually fairly rough and there will be a few mosh pits.

rolling + mosh pit+ lack of water= probably not going to have a good time.

Coke/speed/meth would all work better for a rock concert than MDMA, if you're worried about being the only person 'on stuff' you might be the only one on MDMA but I"d reckon there'd be a few on those first three I mentioned. I had MDMA once at a Black Sabbath show and it was bad. Bad bad vibes. MDMA makes you hyper sensitive to people's body language and emotional state, so crowds of obnoxious/aggressive drunk people don't go down too well when you are rolling. @Mazzab, imo if the environment is not 'PLUR' enough for a good roll then it is definitely not 'PLUR' enough for a good trip

No one else thinks that this place giving out cups of water like it is the Earth's last resource is weird????? I mean why 10 cups of water every hour? Lol that's the strangest thing I've ever heard of.

Maybe you should drop there, so you can be social and make friends in case you get thirsty, maybe your new friend will share a cup of water with you! Lol!!!

Mosh pits + MDMA? I did the math several times and it just doesn't add up. It definitely doesn't sound like an MDMA event. Sounds more like a night you would regret having wasted your pill(s). By the way, pills are never an exact measurement, regardless of what you may read on Pillreports. I cite this as example often, but about ten years ago, I bought two triple stacked supermans. They were said to be the strongest around. I ate one by myself, and my friend halved one with his girlfriend. I didn't get ANYTHING, not even so much as a come up. My friend had the same result. His girlfriend, on the other hand, was vomiting one minute and having intense orgasms the next. This went on for nearly an hour before I said I can't take it anymore and that we should just call it a night.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It doesn't sound like taking MDMA at this event would be a good idea from what I've gathered, I probably won't be doing it.

Coke/speed/meth would all work better for a rock concert than MDMA, if you're worried about being the only person 'on stuff' you might be the only one on MDMA but I"d reckon there'd be a few on those first three I mentioned. I had MDMA once at a Black Sabbath show and it was bad. Bad bad vibes. MDMA makes you hyper sensitive to people's body language and emotional state, so crowds of obnoxious/aggressive drunk people don't go down too well when you are rolling. @Mazzab, imo if the environment is not 'PLUR' enough for a good roll then it is definitely not 'PLUR' enough for a good trip

The bolded bit struck home with me. I always find you can only get as high as the people interacting with you. If you're with people who are enjoying the music, giving off good vibes and generally being nice - you'll have a good time. If you're around roudy dickheads moshing it kills the buzz for me. I've experienced it first hand in a dubstep tent. Everyone seems to mosh around to dubstep these days which kills the vibe. If I was drunk or something I'd enjoy it, but on MD it makes me feel weird and uncomfortable.

I've always found MDMA an amazing drug in that you can make someone so happy. I'm sure we've all been in that MDMA mind state, usually when you're fucked, where you feel a bit weird, no euphoria, and you're thinking about a lot of stuff and not really enjoying it. These moments have made me question if the magic is gone. Then i'll stumble across someone really enjoying themselves on MDMA and it brings me out of it and into feeling awesome. Or a song I really like will come on and i'll rush to euphoria. It's almost like you're hypersensitive to your surroundings and especially people.

This might sound strange, but now when I'm on MDMA, I'll walk around looking for those who aren't 'there' and act happy & stupid with them. When they come up with me it's such an awesome feeling for me. The higher they go, the higher I go. I feel like there is a 'skill' to really enjoying MDMA, so much so that I can still feel high while coming down.

For those reasons I'd probably suggest not taking at a rock concert. Not many will be on it with you which won't be as fun. You might also get some strange looks cause MDMA makes you look weird. All of these contributors would kill the buzz for me.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. My own theory about 'MDMA magic' being lost is that the more familiar you become with the drugs effects, the less novel they seem, the more you have to work at getting the best high out of it. When I was starting out I could roll anywhere and be flying and euphoric, now it's more like - there's the potential for that same euphoria to happen, but the drug won't automatically make it happen, need to work on your mood, company and audio-visual surrounds so that you would naturally be happy in that circumstance and then the MDMA can send you through the roof

Completely depends on the band for me. If it was something like Primus or any of Les Claypool's side projects then I would roll in a heartbeat. Something like Slayer.. not so much.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. My own theory about 'MDMA magic' being lost is that the more familiar you become with the drugs effects, the less novel they seem, the more you have to work at getting the best high out of it. When I was starting out I could roll anywhere and be flying and euphoric, now it's more like - there's the potential for that same euphoria to happen, but the drug won't automatically make it happen, need to work on your mood, company and audio-visual surrounds so that you would naturally be happy in that circumstance and then the MDMA can send you through the roof

Yeah I'd agree with that. In a sense, that's how the MDMA experience changed for me. At the start it was incredibly easy to find the high, it would just come to me. Nowadays, sometimes I need to find it myself. People in my scene call it 'chasing the rush.' But at least when you find it, it's the most powerful and beautiful feeling. Even better than just the MDMA experience alone.

The bolded bit struck home with me. I always find you can only get as high as the people interacting with you. If you're with people who are enjoying the music, giving off good vibes and generally being nice - you'll have a good time. If you're around roudy dickheads moshing it kills the buzz for me. I've experienced it first hand in a dubstep tent. Everyone seems to mosh around to dubstep these days which kills the vibe. If I was drunk or something I'd enjoy it, but on MD it makes me feel weird and uncomfortable.

I've always found MDMA an amazing drug in that you can make someone so happy. I'm sure we've all been in that MDMA mind state, usually when you're fucked, where you feel a bit weird, no euphoria, and you're thinking about a lot of stuff and not really enjoying it. These moments have made me question if the magic is gone. Then i'll stumble across someone really enjoying themselves on MDMA and it brings me out of it and into feeling awesome. Or a song I really like will come on and i'll rush to euphoria. It's almost like you're hypersensitive to your surroundings and especially people.

This might sound strange, but now when I'm on MDMA, I'll walk around looking for those who aren't 'there' and act happy & stupid with them. When they come up with me it's such an awesome feeling for me. The higher they go, the higher I go. I feel like there is a 'skill' to really enjoying MDMA, so much so that I can still feel high while coming down.

For those reasons I'd probably suggest not taking at a rock concert. Not many will be on it with you which won't be as fun. You might also get some strange looks cause MDMA makes you look weird. All of these contributors would kill the buzz for me.

I definitely agree with that. I had actually forgotten about the time when I first rolled. I was just coming up, the euphoria suddenly hit me (I was alone at this point and walking across the street to meet my friends and they weren't on it, nor did they approve of me being on it). Most of my friends are generally very happy anyway so I enjoyed being around them but I went to talk to one friend who knew I was high and he wouldn't talk to me because of it and I immediately felt very sad and down. I searched around until I found my other friends, hugged them and played some music and I was back up again.