• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking H again after 4 days of detox.....please help ??!?!!?

polytox73

Greenlighter
Hi,

I have a question.....i made now a detox from H the last 4 day and like everyone of u can imagine, it was pure hell !!! Today was the first day, where i could stand up and take a shower and go out in the public. I had still flu like symtoms and this crawling under the skin and of course imsonia.

Because of bad circumstances and because I'm fucking weak. I had the opportunity to snort 4 lines of Sugar :-(. I know that i'm a Idiot.:X

So.....do I have to go trough all again ??? Had somebody the same experience ?? I'm scared like shit and I tell myself to be a weak fool.......

But anyway now.....this answer would be greatly appericated if someone made the same bullshit like me and can tell me shortly of it.

THX, BYe

Youre not going to go through the EXACT same thing as you have the past 4 days, but you did kind of reset your withdrawal clock. Every time you use, it resets the clock, unless you have already gotten through ALL of the physical withdrawal symptoms. The psychological withdrawal will continue as well.

Hope you get the strength to keep going with your sobriety.

Thankx HeadHigh,
for your input.....is highly appreciated.

That's is good and bad news......but yeah.....of course I have to pay Idiot-Taxes....foolish me.

The funny/strange thing is with me......I can handle better this hardcore physical stuff (don't get me wrong......vommiting while on the toilet is everything else than pleasant !) than this Emptyness that follows after a few days......I can do NOTHING withmyself......the time crawls and everything is shit. Working is shit, being home is shit, Computer is shit, watching TV is shit.....all is shit ==> this mental.......i dunno how to say it.....this mental state of depression (but's it's somewhat more......it's "void")......with not being able to sleep, is what i can't handle. Maybe I was too long onto the drugs, i dunno..........I just, don't know how to get time over. Anyway......I think most of you know what i'm talking.

Again THX HeadHigh and thy for sending me strenght......I'll think on this that some "stranger" thought a few time on me......and this gives me also a little light.

I'm still scared how tomorrow will be, but I will go on. Any other Input is still highly appreciated.

Cheers

My experience is that the withdrawals PRETTY much starr over. Perhaps not as intense but still terrible. It fucking sucks but if you have some things to ease many of the symptoms it is do-able. You got this, man. I us pot (if I can), benzos in moderation, gabapentin, lyrica, clonidine and seroquel. Oh, Imodium and ibuprofen as well. These things help with anxiety, insomnia, RLS, diarrhea, the hot/cold flashes... body aches. You know this.

Good luck!

THX woamotive,

I already feeling sorry for myself being so infinitive dumb. It was now 6 hours of feeling.....uh.....normal......in trade of -> Go BAck to "Start" !!! OMG !!!
ThX for your advises, yes I know most and some i don't get here in Austria :-/.
I hope now that "not as intense..." is the keyword......so maybe i can say it goes on with the shit, but at least wit a small break.......If the shit starts with the same intensity, then I know I can't handle it again in such short time to hold so much.......hell :-(.
Anyway....also your input is appreciated highly - THX bro

You are not weak or an idiot. The withdrawals wont start over completely. Your body is just getting used to not having the drug. If you messed up and took more, it will just lengthen the overall time to adjust. It will be like starting on day 3. I know it sounds ridiculous, but every time I have had to detox I will bu enough to lower my dosage by half ever day for about 5 days. I know that this is not always possible. If you are able to do it like this you will save yourself some misery. Cold turkey is the worst. Unfortunately, heroin will always have it psychological pull on you. It will get a little easier every month or year, but it will always be in the back of your mind somewhere. You have to remember all the bad things that come with the addiction. Whenever you have that itch or craving, just focus on the pain it caused you. I still remember how heroin made me feel great when I was on it, but the times without it far outweigh the good. It is a vicious drug.. Better off without it..Good luck..

You are not weak or an idiot. The withdrawals wont start over completely. Your body is just getting used to not having the drug. If you messed up and took more, it will just lengthen the overall time to adjust. It will be like starting on day 3. I know it sounds ridiculous, but every time I have had to detox I will bu enough to lower my dosage by half ever day for about 5 days. I know that this is not always possible. If you are able to do it like this you will save yourself some misery. Cold turkey is the worst. Unfortunately, heroin will always have it psychological pull on you. It will get a little easier every month or year, but it will always be in the back of your mind somewhere. You have to remember all the bad things that come with the addiction. Whenever you have that itch or craving, just focus on the pain it caused you. I still remember how heroin made me feel great when I was on it, but the times without it far outweigh the good. It is a vicious drug.. Better off without it..Good luck..

this says it all. my wds were never completely reset from a phuck up. stay strong and youll make it.

Try and get some comfort meds, it is pure misery on its own withdrawing from heroin, or any opiate of that strength! If you can just stick it out, another week or 2 and take some of the comfort meds that woamotive mentioned above, you will probably feel much better than just kicking it cold turkey.. I couldn't do it.. it is not because your weak or an idiot, it is a disease and it takes over your body/mind to the point where you do nothing but thinking about getting it, doing it, and being well and high.. that's how it was for me. I couldn't do cold turkey with the extreme amount of dope/other opioid pharms I was doing daily.. it was next to impossible to make myself do it on my own, even with comfort meds! It took me getting on subs to get off that shit! With a few relapses in between, switching from dope to subs again and again, but finally I haven't done a full agonist in over a year now, and have been on buprenorphine/sub maintenance and I would only recommend it unless you absolutely cant get off dope any other way, as a last resort.. because subs are addicting too and the withdrawls are even worse than heroin IMO. it is very hard for some to get off dope cold turkey and easier for others.. all depends on how long and how much of a habit you had. But anyways, good luck! I hope you can get off that shit, I know just how hard it is, been there many times before! So I feel your pain!

Thank you slim_perkins for your kind words. I'm still on it to battle it, but yeah -> you're so right......this good feelings are so intensefor me, that they outweight "the good"......because the good is so........empty ?!
I think u understand what i mean.....or my brain chemistry is just so fucked up that even after a year their was no no good feeling.......We'll see again......Anyway.....you msg was highl appreciated

Ha candyland short but with BUMS !!! Yes.....the most here who battle this, know of one of the worst enemies in the world.....so yes -> even batteling it should make us stronger and not feeling like shit, how media communicates it !!! Curiosity killed the cat ;-)

Thank you Ilove2nod !!!
You message touched me ! This opiate withdrawal (strong ones) are IMHO one of the badest things on earth.....at least I discovered a lot shit -> but this is over the top. I managed now on day 2 after my phuck off........It was not so hard again, like day 1 before.....but still very feelable :-/. Today (2.) I managed to get my hand on some Valium, Cocaine and Kratom......I know know.....not to change one habit to another habit ( ialready had this in my carreer).....but today was very good. Tomorrow is plan of no Coc. 1 time Kratom and in bad situations Valium and weekend will be deadzone with just some comfort meds and the Valium.......I hope I can manage.......But as said......i'm more freightend of the time, when i can do stuff again, but have no joy for nothing -->> the it's most of the time super easy, that i get the thought: I don't wanna live so....... :-/
Anyway.....als your input was highly appreciated.....TJX bro....

You're right ghostandthedarknes......it was not a complete reset......but a step back.
Thank YOu for your strenghtening words......Makes me feel better..........as usual highly appreciated and THX ;-)