• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Gabapentin after being up 30 hours...

Anomalos

Greenlighter
Well, ive been reading all the posts about people getting blistered to the point of not being able to walk, and then the complete oposite of people not feeling anything. The biggest argument is always how you ingest this drug. Staggering the dosage, using things with the dosages such as pop to help desolve, and some aleve to help your body absorb more of the drug if i'm thinking correctly. I recently, was diagnosed with ADHD, from a very odd psych I had to see because the terms of my probation (flee\elude .. don't ask ...lawl) and she prescribed me 10mg IR Amphetamine Salts (Adderall IR) . Well, for you to understand my current state and situation, lets shoot back 30+ hours... I was out in a blizzard around 6pm trying to fill the damn script. Finally, 6:30pm hits and I get them, and excited, to actually be able to catch a buzz legally again, I eat two. Not sure what my thinking is, being I haven't had any speed or ANY drug in me really in almost a year. 7pm i'm driving 25mph in a 55mph zone, cause there's a ton of snow and I notice i'm starting to dart my eyes around the road more, yea, here comes something .. Get home at 7:45pm. Talk to the wife, about things I usually wouldnt have, and then get lost in threads here on BL for the next couple hours. 1AM hits im laying in bed wired, have to be up at 6am for work.. sigh.. Get up at 5am, eat two more.. Go to work, ate two more.. best day of production work at a factory I must say lol.. 3:30 hits. Ive taken 120mg total since 6:30 the day before, but 100mg within a 10 hour span. ANYWAYS, no sleep, dead tired all night, got pissed, got up its now 9am. Day 3! I have 3500mg stashed still from my script. So, I heard Adderall and Gaba work nice together, why not? I've staggered my doses starting 600mg with aleve and some pop. Every 25-30 min ive taken 1 300mg tab with more pop. Im at 3000mg currently. I take this drug, 600mg a few nights a week, sometimes, not always, some weeks i dont touch it. Im just wondering did I do this right? Does anyone think it will kick it soon? Its been 2 hour total for the whole dosage I think. Ive been up so long I cant thing propper. Vission is already a little off from the crash of the aderall and no sleep and hard work i put in at the factory wired out of my gored. I also have a huge bottle of adderall left! Would it hurt to take another? lol , any thoughts y'all? First post, so hope its not a bad one!

UPDATE:

10:49am now... over the last hour I felt awake and alert, no loss of motor functions or euphoria as many said happens, which I thought if I got would of been increased from lack of sleep. I ate, showered, and took 20mg Add IR . Anyone have any thoughts about my dosing the gabs? Have a fun and safe holiday everyone!

Go
To
Sleep!!!

Seriiously though the longer you stay up on amphetamine the more likely you are to become psychotic. And if your on parole the last thing you want is to do something stupid like call your probation offer and be like idk what to do I think these people keep knocking on my door.

I can't say I've ever used Gabapentin (Neurontin) for this specific purpose (a comedown), but I'm familiar with both independently. Gabapentin is really a panacea in my opinion. It helps me out with so many different issues, it's a drug with so many uses, I often compare it to Cannabis, obviously not in effect though. So, as I said, I'm very, very familiar with Gabapentin. I've used it to improve my productivity, to reduce depression/anxiety and in plenty of instances of Opioid withdrawal. I owe a lot to it if that's possible.

So, there are specific ways to ingest this drug to maximize its efficiency. This is what I've arrived at through trial and error. Don't take it as truth or anything, but it's worked for me.

A high fat meal, I've found, is very important prior to taking the Gabapentin. This is hard to accomplish if you're on speed or sick, so my go to has always been Milk/Peanut Butter. It's an easy way to get a lot of fat calories in your body in a short amount of time. You don't have to chew or deal with the food at all; you just swallow the clumps of peanut butter whole.

My method of staggering is as such: I don't ever extend the total "dosing period"-if you will- past 3 hours. If I extend the period beyond that, I seem to get greatly diminished returns. The best method though, in my experience is waiting 20 minuts between each dose. At the end of each hour, before you take the dose, I would swallow a little more milk and a little more peanut butter. Keep in mind that your stomach is probably depleted of all food and the Gabapentin thrives in a lipid-rich environment.

I would try to get some sleep though. You have plenty of Amphetamines so save them for another time. Your productivity will quickly begin to go to shit if you continue to stay up, but you won't notice most likely.