• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Taking buprenorphine after smoking heroin - should I smoke low quality dope or high quality dope before the waiting time to take buprenorphine?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I've been on buprenorphine for a good while now (2-3 years) but recently I've had a rough time and gone back to smoking dope. I've been smoking it for about 2 weeks now, not ages. I need to wait before taking the buprenorphine but I have questions about 2 things.

Compared to IV, does smoking heroin stay on your receptors for a longer or shorter amount of time? (I smoke it, I don't IV).

Also, am I best smoking high quality heroin before my wait to take buprenorphine or am I better off smoking lower quality heroin before waiting to take buprenorphine?

I've done this in the past and I'm currently trying to wait 24 hours but it gets too rough and I've failed twice so far. I get to around the 18 hour mark and I can't handle it. I know in the past I've taken small amounts of bupe after around 18 hours and been fine but I'm really, really scared of getting P/WD. The only difference is that I'm smoking lower quality dope at the moment and I'm wondering whether that may affect how long I have to wait?

I've seen people on forums saying that lower quality dope can cause much worse effects for you when you're transferring onto bupe. Is this true - if so, why? So, should I smoke high quality dope before I go onto bupe or low quality dope? I have access to really high quality stuff and wondering if I should buy some to smoke before I go into bupe as I only have lower quality stuff at the moment.

18 hours has worked for me multiple times in the past but that's when I had high quality stuff. I have lower quality stuff atm and couldn't make it to 24 hours but after reading what I did about low quality dope, I didn't want to risk it so I didn't take any bupe after 18 hours.

I know I repeated myself a few times but wanted to make my point as clear as I could. Also, I know there are many posts about this stuff already but none of them really addressed these questions I had specifically.

P.s I live in the UK so fent being in the H I smoke isn't a concern as fent is pretty much unheard of here, it's occasionally found in places like London but I live up North and I've tested the higher quality stuff for fent also. The H I smoke is #3.

Any help or answers to my questions would be highly appreciated, thank you!🌞

Last edited:
Relax man. Everything is okay.
Not unless I get P/WD it won't be. I was basically just wondering if higher quality dope falls of the receptors faster or if lower quality dope has shit in it that makes it bind longer or anything else. Ik lower quality dope in the US can make P/WD more likely as it's likely to have fent in but fent is unheard of where I live.

I used to shoot Methoxyacetylfentanyl. I had 10g of it. The tolerance rose and the shots were about 50mg each time.

Then one time I decided to shoot a bunch of good quality darknet dope (this was 2016 then). It sent me into this very odd precipitated withdrawal. I had very bad burning skin sensations and all your typical withdrawal symptoms, yet I was caught in the heavy dreamy fantasy-like half-awake nod of the opiates. I could close my eyes and watch actual cartoon hallucinations play out. But at the same time, being in withdrawal that put me out of commission, laying in a hotel bed for hours, no will to get up to drink water....

So my advice: be careful!

Sorry to hear the struggle of yours man.. but at the same time you should be happy it’s not methadone that you’re on cuz the transfer from ‘done to bupe is alot more tricky! My advice is to use loperamide to be able to wait for even more than 24h. The bupe doesnt crash with lope and i can guarantee it’ll be a LOT easier to endure the wait. I dont know where ur tolerance is at but i figure about at least 64-96mg of lope will ease enough. Otherwise you can also put some pregabalin in the mix, that shit does WONDERS for opiate withdrawals. 🙏🏼

Best wishes from Sweden! ❤️

I've been on buprenorphine for a good while now (2-3 years) but recently I've had a rough time and gone back to smoking dope. I've been smoking it for about 2 weeks now, not ages. I need to wait before taking the buprenorphine but I have questions about 2 things.

Compared to IV, does smoking heroin stay on your receptors for a longer or shorter amount of time? (I smoke it, I don't IV).

Also, am I best smoking high quality heroin before my wait to take buprenorphine or am I better off smoking lower quality heroin before waiting to take buprenorphine?

I've done this in the past and I'm currently trying to wait 24 hours but it gets too rough and I've failed twice so far. I get to around the 18 hour mark and I can't handle it. I know in the past I've taken small amounts of bupe after around 18 hours and been fine but I'm really, really scared of getting P/WD. The only difference is that I'm smoking lower quality dope at the moment and I'm wondering whether that may affect how long I have to wait?

I've seen people on forums saying that lower quality dope can cause much worse effects for you when you're transferring onto bupe. Is this true - if so, why? So, should I smoke high quality dope before I go onto bupe or low quality dope? I have access to really high quality stuff and wondering if I should buy some to smoke before I go into bupe as I only have lower quality stuff at the moment.

18 hours has worked for me multiple times in the past but that's when I had high quality stuff. I have lower quality stuff atm and couldn't make it to 24 hours but after reading what I did about low quality dope, I didn't want to risk it so I didn't take any bupe after 18 hours.

I know I repeated myself a few times but wanted to make my point as clear as I could. Also, I know there are many posts about this stuff already but none of them really addressed these questions I had specifically.

P.s I live in the UK so fent being in the H I smoke isn't a concern as fent is pretty much unheard of here, it's occasionally found in places like London but I live up North and I've tested the higher quality stuff for fent also. The H I smoke is #3.

Any help or answers to my questions would be highly appreciated, thank you!🌞

This is the famous question of all time. Its difficult to answer in all instances because the body is different for each person, and bupe does operate on objective qualities--however the difficult part comes next. Each person will state a different timespan--that going back to the worse and better feeling drugs like heroin will always vary. Personally, bupe takes days to fade fully regarding the opiate blocking mechanism BUT I can feel opiates better and better as time goes on. If I used a day after my last bupe dose ended, I would feel opiates but maybe half what the dose normally feels like? 2 days after the last sub and I will feel 70-80% of the full opiate effects again, but usually by day 4 its 100% and then its a party again. The timing for you is something you will know after seeing for yourself, but as someone who has played the on-and-off subs to using again game it is not healthy mentally or spiritually to repeatedly try to dodge tolls. I think bupe is amazing but it does not act well when used TO delay using again back and forth. You begin to be unable to endure withdrawals whatsoever without bupe and it gets frantic.