• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking benzos daily for long term why not?

I'm not saying it isn't happening, I work in the medical field. Youre absolutely correct, its happening every day and not just in medicine. that is why it is so frustrating to me. I am terrified of when my psychiatrist retires or moves, it happens all the time. My point is that, in my opinion, it is inhumane. That is all I am saying. Im awake.

I was just drunk and angrily ranted =D

Last edited:
I'm not saying it isn't happening, I work in the medical field. Youre absolutely correct, its happening every day and not just in medicine. that is why it is so frustrating to me. I am terrified of when my psychiatrist retires or moves, it happens all the time. My point is that, in my opinion, it is inhumane. That is all I am saying. Im awake.

I was just drunk and angrily ranted =D
My psychiatrist (awesome fella) is in his 60s so I do wonder what's going to happen one day.. he probably sees like a 100 other patients that depend on him and there's quite no one like him. So I don't like to think about it , guess we will have to deal with it huh? But I think if you found a combo of meds that working for you throughout the years then you shouldn't trouble getting it from another shrink. But I have heard horror stories of people being cut off their meds where they say "I never prescribe valium, here take a low dose Klonopin"... But really if youve been taking the same meds for years, and they work, then there's no reason why anyone will change it.

Last edited:
Exactly...we can only hope they pass their case loads to like minded practitioners.
It sucks being anxious about your anxiety med!
My psychiatrist is a great person as well, truly helped change my life.