• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking AMT alone tomorrow - any advice on dosage/activities?

Clathrin

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm a long time lurker with experience of 4-aco-dmt and mushrooms. I have happened upon a free weekend in a big empty student house and I have some AMT.

As it lasts so long, I was thinking of dosing at about 9am, riding it out through the day, if capable walking to a park nearby in the sunlight, and in the evening taking some etizolam if I need to come down/sleep.

However I would like some advice on dosage. Erowid is unclear (https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amt/amt_dose.shtml) but as drugs tend to hit me stronger than most, I was thinking of dosing 20mg orally. I'm wary of getting too confused while on my own, but as 40mg seems to be a usual dose, would 20mg be uneventful?

And does anyone have a favourite activity while tripping alone? So far I have coloured paper, pens, foil :)

I was underwhelmed by 30mg of aMT but don't start too high.

20mgs is a small dose, anything under 40mgs is uncomfortable for alot of people. 40-50mgs after an allergy test should provide you with a full experience without being overwhelming. When it comes to psychedelics I find planning the trip out is a waste of time, just do what pleases you at the time. Be sure to have some good music on hand however.

I usually just spin poi for a few hours while listening to music, going for walks, sitting in a pitch black room trying to get lost in the visuals, or just lounging around. For me aMT becomes very dreamy and relaxing after the come-up so having a cozy, warm environment is always welcome. Some prefer to take aMT with other people, but I always have just as good a time by myself. If you smoke weed it helps kick the trip in and lessens the nausea.

Thanks for the reply - do you mind me asking what you felt? Was it underwhelming in terms of visuals or was it underwhelming enough to not bother?

20mgs is a small dose, anything under 40mgs is uncomfortable for alot of people. 40-50mgs after an allergy test should provide you with a full experience without being overwhelming. When it comes to psychedelics I find planning the trip out is a waste of time, just do what pleases you at the time. Be sure to have some good music on hand however.

I usually just spin poi for a few hours while listening to music, going for walks, sitting in a pitch black room trying to get lost in the visuals, or just lounging around. For me aMT becomes very dreamy and relaxing after the come-up so having a cozy, warm environment is always welcome. Some prefer to take aMT with other people, but I always have just as good a time by myself. If you smoke weed it helps kick the trip in and lessens the nausea.

Thanks for the advice. Glad I still have weed left! I suppose I'll have to prepare myself for being underwhelmed at 20mgs tomorrow then, I wouldn't want to overdo it the first time with this chemical.

Thanks for the reply - do you mind me asking what you felt? Was it underwhelming in terms of visuals or was it underwhelming enough to not bother?

The overall body feeling of it wasnt too pleasant, it felt like I was in middle of it - like trying to break through.

Low doses of aMT are beyond underwhelming, it's flat out unpleasant. aMT is a drug with alot of side-effects, and these fade into the background as you "breakthrough". When you take low doses, you simply don't breakthrough and your left feeling stuck in a very uncomfortable position for up to 20 hours. It's very good that your being cautious, but being too cautious with aMT can seriously backfire.

40mgs is far from a huge dose, it's pretty much what is needed for most to break into the experience. If you do decide to dose 20mgs, expect a long lasting underlying uncomfort and a feeling of wanting more, usually with very little positive to show for. You may also feel nausea for many hours and overstimulation. aMT was litterally the my first psychedelic, which I took at maybe 14 years old at 110lbs and 40mgs was never too much to handle.

Last edited:
Low doses of aMT are beyond underwhelming, it's flat out unpleasant. aMT is a drug with alot of side-effects, and these fade into the background as you "breakthrough". When you take low doses, you simply don't breakthrough and your left feeling stuck in a very uncomfortable position for up to 20 hours. It's very good that your being cautious, but being too cautious with aMT can seriously backfire.

40mgs is far from a huge dose, it's pretty much what is needed for most to break into the experience. If you do decide to dose 20mgs, expect a long lasting underlying uncomfort and a feeling of wanting more, usually with very little positive to show for. You may also feel nausea for many hours and overstimulation. aMT was litterally the my first psychedelic, which I took at maybe 14 years old at 110lbs and 40mgs was never too much to handle.

Thanks for this info! I had seen some reports on Erowid that 40mg was too much for a first dose. What do you think would be optimum? I don't want anything too intense, and it will be my first time tripping alone so I want to be as careful as one can be with these things :)

I'd take at least 30mgs but no more than 40mgs if your worried. I've never heard of anyone having an overwhelming trip at these doses, 40mgs is what I give to first timers and they love it. It's more of an empathogen than a trip at 30mgs, but closer to an uncomfortable anti-depressant at 10-20mgs. 10mgs was actually a prescribed dose to elderly people in russia at one point. aMT is really benevolent, I wouldn't stress yourself out over having a bad trip... you don't want to psych yourself out. Just stay positive and you'll be good.

^ I have to disagree about the low doses. AMT taken at 5-15 mg is not unpleasant at all, however I agree it can be unpleasant at 30mg. A strange energy flows through my body, making me feel unquiet and dirty, but this indeed goes away in higher doses
I also don't consider it to be underwhelming at lower doses, as IMO it works like a different drug for different purposes.

I of course can't speak for everyone, but low dose complaints like what I said above are very common throughout what seems like all aMT megathreads (yes I read em' all :p... I just really like aMT). There's always gonna be people who enjoy what's unpopular, we're all different. Where there's a majority there's also a minority.