• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking a Xanax/changing dosing to deal with come-up anxiety & sickness?

tiburon

Greenlighter
I've only rolled a few times before in my life and need some advice on getting the experience ironed out. Whenever I drop a full cap, I get extreme nausea (to the point of vomiting), severe lightheadedness/dizziness and rapid heart rate on the come up. It's extraordinarily unpleasant, and I have to sit down for about 30-45 minutes and just talk myself through it to ride it out. Once I vomit, I feel better within about 5-10 minutes and everything is hunky dory for the rest of the evening and I have a great time.

I did some research into ways to minimize these things, especially the nausea, and tried to eat a healthy, light meal before dropping one evening at a rave. I assumed this would make everything better, but it didn't improve anything really and in fact the vomiting was even more aggressive (for lack of a better term). I've accepted that some people just respond this way to MDMA/methylone and if it's something I have to deal with before I can have a great time out, then it is what it is.

However, I really really would like to avoid the vomity-ness and lightheadedness as much as possible, since hiding in the bathroom for 45 minutes isn't exactly the best part of my night. I tried an experiment with a cap of what I assume is mostly (if not entirely) methylone (note: I know, I need to test my stuff - I'm working on getting a testing kit). I've started to get anxiety about dropping since I get so sick and I feel like that might be feeding back into the bad feelings, so to start my experiment I just took 1/3 of a cap to see how that would affect me. After about an hour I felt basically nothing, good or bad, so over the course of the next hour or so I took little bit after little bit until I had taken almost the entire cap. After my second redosing of the evening (also my largest redose) I felt the tiniest hint of tummy unhappiness that lasted maybe 5 minutes tops and then went away. I had a very light roll going by the end of all of this, but nowhere near what I would like to have out of a rolling experience for, say, a rave. I've also read that redosing is a terrible terrible idea, so it's not something I want to mess around with if it's truly unsafe.

So I have a few questions:
Will taking Xanax or drinking a beer or two before dropping help with the anxiety I feel while dropping without killing my upcoming roll? I've read really mixed reviews about mixing Xanax and MDMA/methylone, and I really dislike the idea of mixing alcohol and MDMA/methylone, but have also read that a beer first can help with the anxiety. What would be both safe and effective for this, or should I not mess with anything else when I'm about to roll? Given the choice, I'd rather err on the side of caution/safety.

Is redosing/spreading my doses out safe? My current idea is to split up my caps and instead of dropping 1 cap and then redosing with another cap ~3-4hrs later (which I have done for my best rolls before), to drop 1/2 a cap, then 1/2 a cap 45mins-1hr later, and then re-up ~4 hours later the same way. Is this safe? Am I wasting my pills taking them this way? It seems like this would be the best way to minimize the bad effects of the comeup by taking smaller amounts at once, but I would still get most of the good effects because I'm still taking in the same amount overall (right?).

TL;DR: I get really sick when I drop and want to not get sick, is it safe/effective to take many small doses over a longer period of time and/or take a Xanax/drink a beer before dropping?

Split the initial Dose in two and take them 15 minutes apart. This helps to ease the come up Ime and wont lessen to roll.

It is best to redose around 1.5h in to prolong the effects. If you redose to late it won't add much to the experience. Try not to redose more than once too.

Test your stuff ;)

I feel for ya on this topic Tiburon. it hasn't been til this year that I've had this problem, but any MDXX and mushrooms as well make me feel super pukey and uncomfortably anxious on the come up. They never have before and I've been using both substances for quite some time too. I have just came to the conclusion that I either endure the shitty part and enjoy the later effects or just not do them all together anymore. I think my stomach is really weak nowadays due to all the crystal Meth I used to swallow for about 2 years. Some times just taking an extra strength tums beforehand will get me through it, some times it doesn't. I wouldnt suggest taking Xanax or any benzos, that will more than likely diminish if not eliminate the roll. I used to take benzos on the comedown to take away the depressing feeling and knock me out for sleep rather than waiting a few hours. Just a my 2 cents on what works for me.

taking xanax will dampen the roll. having a beer beforehand is no problem if it helps with your anxiety, but it might make your stomach discomfort worse.

splitting your initial dose is totally safe. what i learnt as a sort of harm reduction from more experinced rollers (before pill testing was around) when i started was: start with half a pill and redose half a pill every 45 minutes until your reach the desired effects, but stop immediately when it doesn't feel like mdma. it's not the best advice since some pills are pressed too hard for you to feel the effects by 45min, but it certainly isn't any worse than taking the dose all at once.
the effects might be slightly diminished (probably not even noticable if you don't spread your doses even further), but the comeup is more gradual and the potential for being overwhelmed or nauseous should be lessened.
of course with methylone, it might not work out as well, because methylone has a shorter duration.

the main reasons why redosing too often isn't recommended are that you'd get a too high cumulative dos in the course of the night (with diminishing euphoria and added side effects) or that you redose too late for the desirable effects to be felt again. what you're planning isn't anything like that.

If you take the benzos some hours before, it doesn't really affect the roll much at all (other than removing anxiety, and maybe making you a little bit calmer than without). If you take them while coming up or while already rolling on the other hand, it will affect the roll much more (worst case killing the roll completely).

But try spacing out the initial dosage. That helps a lot on come-up anxiety and nausea :)

Come up anxiety is part of the whole process, you have to pay the piper somehow. Xanax beforehand ruins the roll or trip for me.

I used to always take Xanax or Klonopin (.5mg of either) before dropping and when I got anxious peaking on MDA... Never killed anything for me.

Just keep in mind that its addictive... I ended up relying on it for EVERY SINGLE ROLL.

You probably aren't getting molly, you're getting some meth roll or a caffeine cut.

I'm amazed that this is such a huge problem. Stop rolling if you don't like the comeup. Taking an anti anxiety drug to take an empathogen is completely ridiculous. Stop being in a shitty setting, take another drug (synergetic combos might be something you can look into, like weed or mxe, ginger for nausea) or very bluntly stop being a bitch and take the 20-40mins of discomfort for the hours of fun. People I roll with say stuff like "That shit was so good I threw up, I rolled hard as hell!" they aren't upset by that effect.

You probably aren't getting molly, you're getting some meth roll or a caffeine cut.

I'm amazed that this is such a huge problem. Stop rolling if you don't like the comeup. Taking an anti anxiety drug to take an empathogen is completely ridiculous. Stop being in a shitty setting, take another drug (synergetic combos might be something you can look into, like weed or mxe, ginger for nausea) or very bluntly stop being a bitch and take the 20-40mins of discomfort for the hours of fun. People I roll with say stuff like "That shit was so good I threw up, I rolled hard as hell!" they aren't upset by that effect.

This is your opinion. Others feel differently. I personally didn't mind throwing up on the come up either because I knew I was in for a long ride but the anxiety was a bit much.

I get naseua when I snort molly/methylone.. adderall also gives me that naseua/anxiety that ur talkin about...

Naseua/anxiety can be a side effect of molly as it is an amphetamine....

You can get prescription anti-naseua medication, also I would not recommend xanax before you roll, something more mild witth a longer half life such as klonopin would be more ideal, phenibut works great too and lasts a long time.. id say phenibut actually would compliment your rolll and over powerit in a good way...