• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Taking 5htp everyday for a month before rolling

Yourightblotter

Greenlighter
So for a while I suffered with feeling down and kinda depressed for no apparent reason, I started taking something called zennapin which has 50 mg of 5htp and then other vitamins and such in it (it's like a natural pill not a prescribed medication). My question is so In the past month I've taken 2 a day about 12 hours spread out and I've missed a few days and some days only took 1 instead of 2 so In the past month I've taken about 2,000 mg of 5htp, I've read a lot about seratonin syndrome and other things from taking to much 5htp and rolling and that is why I am worried. I took 2 yesterday and purposely did not take any today because I plan on rolling tonight (only taking about a point) so I haven't taken any 5htp in like 30 hours from the time I will he taking mdma. I was not taking 5htp to before to strengthen my roll or anything and didn't really plan on rolling today but I want to but I do not want to risk anything bad happening such as serotonin syndrome. So is the amount of 5 htp I've taken in the past month going to cause a problem with about a point of Mdma?

I took 5-htp for a whole MONTH before ibiza hoping it would give me shit loads of seratonin to work with.

Guess what? Not a single pill worked for the whole week when in Ibiza - I was stupid and took like 6 in one night ffs hoping it would work. Just sweat it out like a mofo.

For me they acted as if I was on anti-depressants which also stops MDMA from working.

To summarise, don't take HTP-5 before, only after.

Wait a minute, so you SHOULDN'T take 5-htp before a roll, only after? Which is correct?

Wait a minute, so you SHOULDN'T take 5-htp before a roll, only after? Which is correct?

I think there are a lot of myths surrounding 5-htp and MDMA. From what I read about 5-HTP a while ago, it doesn't seem to actually do all that much to increase brain levels of serotonin, especially acutely. So I'm quite certain the MDMA and SS thing is kind of a myth, since for serotonin syndrome to occur we need really abnormally high levels of serotonin to be reached, far higher than MDMA can achieve alone, and MDMA is the best serotonin releasing drug we know of. From my own experiences, I've taken a fair bit of it and don't notice all that much difference. I've also taken it leading up to taking MDMA, and on the day of taking MDMA, and noticed no specific changes to the MDMA experience. This includes no 'nulling' of the experience and I see no reason, from a theoretical standpoint, why that would be the case.

In my opinion, the only real use for 5-HTP is after the MDMA experience where the enzyme which turns tryptophan into 5-HTP is blocked, so the brain struggles to create it's own 5-HTP to convert into serotonin.

I think its a case of people taking 1 or 2 before and thinking OMFG IM ROLLING LIKE A MOFO and they would have been rolling like a mofo regardless.

I can tell you from personal experience - I took for 4-5 weeks DAILY before Ibiza and couldn't roll in Ibiza for SHIT.

Fair enough, I won't preload with 5-HTP. Should I still take B vitamin Complex in the middle of a roll? Also what's Ibiza?

Fair enough, I won't preload with 5-HTP. Should I still take B vitamin Complex in the middle of a roll? Also what's Ibiza?

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

So good - give it a google my friend. Stop over complicating things - take tested MDMA at a safe dose and stay healthy afterwards.

I used to be a 5-htp after rolling if you ever see some of my old posts over two years ago. not anymore

I used it starting two days after a roll and came own with serotonin syndrome and this could have been the cause as when you mix 5-htp with high amounts of ecgc it crosses the brain blood barrier and makes it way more potent. Either way never again. I might use it for sleep or something else, but nothing to do with rolling anymore

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

So good - give it a google my friend. Stop over complicating things - take tested MDMA at a safe dose and stay healthy afterwards.

When I think of ibiza I think of ibiza euphoria which is an event they play trance and house music at back in the day but google tells me it's also an island. And I have to overcomplicate things because I'm a complicated man. I already overdosed once on e and then took a safe dose the second time. It was great and I want a better or longer afterglow next time. Mentally ill people are pretty complicated, take it from me.

Innerpeace, if MDMA drained your serotonin, how could 5-HTP give you serotonin syndrome? Did you swallow the whole bottle or something?

Innerpeace, if MDMA drained your serotonin, how could 5-HTP give you serotonin syndrome? Did you swallow the whole bottle or something?

Good question, Epigallocatechin gallate (ecgc)350 mgs combined with 5-htp causes serotonin to work way more as high dosed egcg causes 5-htp and l-dopa to cross the brain blood barrier. I used to take my supplements, before during and after a roll. Not any more a few days before and after I only take multi's vitamins and such. Could have been passion flower as well. Could have been I took l-dopa a lot before rolling as well, as in a year

So ecgc depletes the serotonin that 5-htp creates?

quite the opposite ecgc, esp higher dosed, which lets face it most green teas have low dose ecgc, I used matcha green tea which ons of the highest ecgc's available, at 350 mgs, causes 5-htp or l-dopa, depending which one you take, I took 5-htp to cross the blood brain barrier and work stronger. That probably with 5-mapb in my system and maybe passion flower caused some sides .

its been two years, still a lesson learned.

Oh, mdma drained your serotonin but the ecgc/5-htp combination did the opposite extreme. Yeah, doesn't sound like a good idea at all. A lot of stress for the brain.