View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Synthetic DMT fumarate

telepathetic

Bluelighter
I've got some DMT allegedly synthesized from tryptamine and in the fumarate salt. This is apparently "difficult" to smoke and isn't as smooth as normal natural nn dmt freebase, but has a similar taste (funny cuz I always thought a lot of the flavor was from the naptha). I notice a big difference in effect, with more OEV rather than CEV like dmt usually is more prone to for me, different duration, come up, etc.

Is this because it is fumarate? It's a pretty reputable source, but I almost feel like this is DPT or something (never tried it). Or maybe there is some byproduct or impurity changing the effect.

Or maybe it's a magical thing, I always felt like you could feel/sense "vibrations" or intentions from even during the extraction or recrystallization process.

Last edited:
You tried smoking it despite it being the fumarate salt?

You can always convert it to freebase, using a variety of methods. Wont be too hard and itll make it far more suited to smoking.

Alternatively you could combine with and maoi for oral dosing.
Or iirc, you could try nasal or rectal administration, I dont think you need an maoi for that. But Id try a google before trying either method, so as not to waste anything in case I was incorrect

You tried smoking it despite it being the fumarate salt?

You can always convert it to freebase, using a variety of methods. Wont be too hard and itll make it far more suited to smoking.

Alternatively you could combine with and maoi for oral dosing.
Or iirc, you could try nasal or rectal administration, I dont think you need an maoi for that. But Id try a google before trying either method, so as not to waste anything in case I was incorrect
Smoking it was useless but chasing it on foil is effective.

I can't see why the effects would be so different. I'll convert to freebase to experiment but very strange.

iirc the salt vaporizers at higher temps making smoking/vaping more difficult
and iirc vaping fumarate salts may be toxic/caustic... but id google that too

Don't forget that when we extract DMT (at least from some plants) we end up with a mix of DMT and NMT, which is also active. I have no idea if that's the explanation for your observation, but the effects are definitely different with pure DMT.

Also, as mentioned above, don't vaporize fumarates as it can be toxic.

Don't forget that when we extract DMT (at least from some plants) we end up with a mix of DMT and NMT, which is also active. I have no idea if that's the explanation for your observation, but the effects are definitely different with pure DMT.

Also, as mentioned above, don't vaporize fumarates as it can be toxic.
NMT is only present in acacia Confusa iirc, and is a noxious oil that's very difficult to separate from the dmt making extraction less feasible than from say mimosa which doesn't contain any NMT or any other actives pulled with room temp naphtha afaik

This synthetic dmt fumarate reminds me more of the effects of NMT/dmt mix tbh than dmt.

Why I get OEV rather than CEV at low doses escapes me though..

I've got some DMT allegedly synthesized from tryptamine and in the fumarate salt. This is apparently "difficult" to smoke and isn't as smooth as normal natural nn dmt freebase, but has a similar taste (funny cuz I always thought a lot of the flavor was from the naptha). I notice a big difference in effect, with more OEV rather than CEV like dmt usually is more prone to for me, different duration, come up, etc.

Is this because it is fumarate? It's a pretty reputable source, but I almost feel like this is DPT or something (never tried it). Or maybe there is some byproduct or impurity changing the effect.

Or maybe it's a magical thing, I always felt like you could feel/sense "vibrations" or intentions from even during the extraction or recrystallization process.
Um... dmt is a tryptamine. Or more correctly, a substituted tryptamine.

so either you or your source of information about where the dmt came from, how it was synthesized, or the quality of it seems dubious.

It is apparently quite difficult to work with tryptamine itself since it is not very reactive. The chems and equipment needed to work with it are quiyr dangerous and expensive, respectively. I would verify the bona-fides of your associate, if I were u.

synthesizing DMT from tryptamine is dubious to begin with since it can be EASILY extracted in a pure form from various plants with cheap as dirt chemicals, synthesizing it makes zero sense financially

DMT fumerate can also be created via plants just as easy as freebase

sounds like a dealer marketing gimmick to me, calling it synthetic

synthesizing DMT from tryptamine is dubious to begin with since it can be EASILY extracted in a pure form from various plants with cheap as dirt chemicals, synthesizing it makes zero sense financially

DMT fumerate can also be created via plants just as easy as freebase

sounds like a dealer marketing gimmick to me, calling it synthetic
My thoughts, exactly.

DPT has a distint tremor-like high on the coming up.

If you got it could be that you have DPT indeed

If this is the source I think it is, then you may have bought 5-meo-dmt, not n,n-dmt. I've seen multiple ads promoting its virtue because it _is_ synthetic, which they describe at length. And I do think it was fumarate, which certainly isn't meant to be smoked.

Ive never seen synthetic dmt for sale ever.
No doubt someone is making it though, however it seems dubious that anyone would bother with any bigger batches since its so cheap to extract from Mimosa.

(Redacted, but mods please delete if this isn't appropriate.)
Read the description here...2 pics embedded.

A lot of DMT is cut with 5-MeO DMT because the latter is cheaper to make and more potent. I heard of a really dubious psychedelic dealer in Amsterdam who made a habit of this cut.

For myself, I knew a chemist who was making 7,N,N-TMT which was legal at the time. It's subjective effects are almost identical to DMT.

Sadly, Grisham's Law applies to RCs as well, and there was more profit in supplying 5-MeO DMT than 7,N,N-TMT to the dealer.