• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Synthetic cannabinoids with similar feeling and duration to real weed?

lil_penis

Greenlighter
I have been hearing a lot of horror stories here in Europe that suggest that a lot of weed, mostly CBD, is being laced with synthetic cannabinoids. From what I understand, it is easy to distinguish between real weed and synthetic cannabinoids after smoking it. However, are there any new synthetic cannabinoids that are hard to distinguish from real ones in terms of their effects and duration?

The synthetic cannabinoids being put in EU weed make the high much stronger, more psychoactive, and addictive. Basically, everything is more intense and there is a greater compulsion to have more, getting more intense with time. If you smoke a lot daily, mental health disturbances are more likely, especially psychosis. Synthetic cannabinoids have hundreds if not thousands of times more affinity for cannabinoid receptors in the brain. I'm told that the high does not feel the same as regular weed.

It's pathetic that the EU does not yet have a cannabis legalization or decriminalization regime yet. They are selling ditch weed laced with spice to try and up the quality.

You can’t really distinguish it.

I smoked daily for a long time all kind of weed and concentrates. I tried a few different cannabinoids too (that if taste was masked and in lower dose some would also be almost indistinguishable from THC if you wouldn’t really focus on identifying it). I also smoked really HQ CBD weed. But a few times I smoked something that was sold/gifted as CBD weed (looked like, hm, ditch weed) but got me stoned. Nothing weird in taste, high comparable to any low potency (but with real THC) weed. They could have tweaked it to hit harder and I probably wouldn’t noticed anyway.

I think they manage to do it so they add a mix of so potent noids and is such a small concentration that it’s basically acceptable level of contamination and it doesn’t even get noticed (legal weed it mostly tested for THC levels only anyway).

I would never smoke any legal weed beside stuff I absolutely know is free of synthetic stuff and that’s only possible by knowing a grower or growing your own or testing every bud you get which isn’t really practical at all. I think some sellers can be trusted, but at least where I am, it really expensive and you gota be stupid to pay for it more than you would pay for HQ hash or something (but I wouldn’t surprised some premium stuff gets some noids on it too from time to time).

And mind you, if I had a source for a decent synth cannabinoid I would get me some but to smoke unknown stuff of unknown quality and in unknown quantity, fuck that.

All in all, imho, that’s market that needs to be boycotted. If nothing, for the sake of kids (who surely can get it easier than booze and will destroy real weed for them).

I smoked daily for a long time all kind of weed and concentrates. I tried a few different cannabinoids too (that if taste was masked and in lower dose some would also be almost indistinguishable from THC if you wouldn’t really focus on identifying it). I also smoked really HQ CBD weed. But a few times I smoked something that was sold/gifted as CBD weed (looked like, hm, ditch weed) but got me stoned. Nothing weird in taste, high comparable to any low potency (but with real THC) weed. They could have tweaked it to hit harder and I probably wouldn’t noticed anyway.

I think they manage to do it so they add a mix of so potent noids and is such a small concentration that it’s basically acceptable level of contamination and it doesn’t even get noticed (legal weed it mostly tested for THC levels only anyway).

I would never smoke any legal weed beside stuff I absolutely know is free of synthetic stuff and that’s only possible by knowing a grower or growing your own or testing every bud you get which isn’t really practical at all. I think some sellers can be trusted, but at least where I am, it really expensive and you gota be stupid to pay for it more than you would pay for HQ hash or something (but I wouldn’t surprised some premium stuff gets some noids on it too from time to time).

And mind you, if I had a source for a decent synth cannabinoid I would get me some but to smoke unknown stuff of unknown quality and in unknown quantity, fuck that.

All in all, imho, that’s market that needs to be boycotted. If nothing, for the sake of kids (who surely can get it easier than booze and will destroy real weed for them).

I have mixed real Cannabis with Synthetic cannabinoids (years ago, those 2nd/3rd wave noids are not available on the market anymore) and I can confirm that if you dose the synth noids just right it will feel like very powerful weed.

The dangers lie in the fact that the effect ceiling is much higher with synth noids so smoking a bit may not produce acute negative side effects, but if you smoke a lot then you can get fucked up with dizziness, puking, panic attacks, paralysis etc.

Also combining synth noids with alcohol gets you insanely fucked up... if you're buzzing off the alcohol and then smoke synth noids you'll very easily projectile vomit within minutes.

Anyway, combining real cannabis with synth noids seems to not be as dangerous as just smoking the synth noids, my theory is that CBD can somehow limit the action of the THC analogues like it does real THC.
Smoking pure CBD crystals also tones down the effects of synth noids for me.

Obviously the danger of adding synthetic cannabinoids to real weed is that it's very easy to get a hot pocket with much higher potency.

Honestly I never tried that combo (even I had plenty of weed during short time I enjoyed sythetic stuff) as I find it more than satisfying by itself (tho often ending up using too much). Of those I tried I liked ab-fubinaca and am-2201 the best. Ab-fubinaca was like the most stoning, relaxing, couch lock stuff and am-2201 in a high dose almost felt like an euphoric cannabinoid roller-coaster.

Is there any stuff nearly as good available nowadays? Are most new noids just really shitty or most people steered away from them because of dangers they bring?

Honestly I never tried that combo (even I had plenty of weed during short time I enjoyed sythetic stuff) as I find it more than satisfying by itself (tho often ending up using too much). Of those I tried I liked ab-fubinaca and am-2201 the best. Ab-fubinaca was like the most stoning, relaxing, couch lock stuff and am-2201 in a high dose almost felt like an euphoric cannabinoid roller-coaster.

Is there any stuff nearly as good available nowadays? Are most new noids just really shitty or most people steered away from them because of dangers they bring?

I liked AM-2201 and MAM-2201, the dose response curve allowed you to get to a nice spot without issues if you were careful.
Not something I'd use without a mg scale at hand anyway.
I used to lick the tip of my index finger and run it on the crease of a rolling paper and then sprinkle the preweighed powder there so that it would stick.
Then add either tobacco or tobacco and weed and roll it up, being careful not to tap the spliff, which might cause the powder to move around and concentrate in one spot.
Then I would smoke 3 tokes, give myself a few minutes to gauge where I was, and then smoke a bit more if I felt it was ok.

Any deviation from this method usually resulted in mild to not so mild overdoses.

I recall an episode that's funny now but made me feel like shit when it happened.
I had wen to bed but for some reason I woke up shortly after to 4 buddies in my room playing music from my speakers (2 flatmates and 2 that were over for the weekend).
Didn't get too pissed that they woke me up like that but whatever, I decide to roll a spliff of 5F-ur-144 without getting out of bed and using to the scale.

I smoke and I pass it, and as I am leaning forward to pass the spliff, I feel the high coming on, strong.... by the time I lean back I am paralysed, cannot speak or move my head or fingers, I can only turn my eyes around.
As the first guy smokes and passes, I watch and panic realising that the same has happened to him, he stopped talking and locked up unable to move.
His eyes are scared and he looks at me and then to the other guys and we watch the same thing happen to the other 2 guys as well.

Then complete silence for around 15 minutes, which is about how long you need to get out of the peak of that noid, which hits you fast and hard.
I am the first to be able to move so I get out of bed and check on the others, everyone's conscious.
3 guys are hallucinating heavily and are panicking but can keep it together, one asks me to help him to the toilet so I do and he sits and also holds a bucket as he needs to explosively shit and projectile vomit at the same time.
He says he's going to be fine so I go back to the room, the other guys can now speak, one is reasonably ok so I ask him to stay next to the bathroom door to be ready to help the other guy.
Of the 2 people in my room, one is fucked up but getting better and he just asks me to check if he's heart rate is ok or if he needs an ambulance... it's over 160 but slowly going down.
Finally the last guys is still heavily lost in hallucinations, he sees in red and black only but cannot see anything that is part of reality, he sees himself falling in an hellish endless hole and needs to hold on to me with all his might just to feel something that tells him he's not actually falling.
Needs constant directions as to where he is and what happened, what he took, how many minutes have passed and that we know that the worse will be over in just a few minutes but obviously 5 minutes felt like an hour to us.

Anyway, everybody was fine but exhausted and I apologised, they said it was ok and we went to sleep.

Oh you would immediately know if you are smoking synthetic cannabinoids, the high for one is much stronger and the effects are a bit different. Yes it feels similar but it is much more intense. Imagine the bad effects of weed like paranoia, panic, psychedelia, heart racing times 10. Synthetic cannabinoids can make you trip the hell out in a scary way, can cause blackouts, make you vomit. It has more of a dirty feeling to it, like the high feels like it was brought on from research chemicals and not natural flower. It also tastes and smells different. But it depends on which synthetic cannabinoid it is. Different kinds have different highs. I've had some that felt like weed for 20 minutes and then I've had some kinds of K2 where I was bugging out off 2 hits of a joint like hallucinations, panic, getting stuck and immobilized and felt like something that came from a different planet. That K2 put me in the emergency room 4 times because of me having episodes in public like laying down on the sidewalk high as a kite, blacking out, puking on myself. You would think I would have learned the first time but I didn't. I stopped after the 4th ER visit. K2 used to make me freak out more than PCP ever did.

Last edited:

I mean the good synthetic cannabinoids you can't really distinguish but I've had some blends of K2 that made me freak out way worse than weed. But I was smoking random kinds of K2, I'm sure if I knew I was getting specific synthetics that I knew was ok I'm sure my experiences would have been different.

Looking back on my K2 experiences I wish I would have been more cautious on what I was smoking.

Oh you would immediately know if you are smoking synthetic cannabinoids, the high for one is much stronger and the effects are a bit different. Yes it feels similar but it is much more intense. Imagine the bad effects of weed like paranoia, panic, psychedelia, heart racing times 10. Synthetic cannabinoids can make you trip the hell out in a scary way, can cause blackouts, make you vomit. It has more of a dirty feeling to it, like the high feels like it was brought on from research chemicals and not natural flower. It also tastes and smells different. But it depends on which synthetic cannabinoid it is. Different kinds have different highs. I've had some that felt like weed for 20 minutes and then I've had some kinds of K2 where I was bugging out off 2 hits of a joint like hallucinations, panic, getting stuck and immobilized and felt like something that came from a different planet. That K2 put me in the emergency room 4 times because of me having episodes in public like laying down on the sidewalk high as a kite, blacking out, puking on myself. You would think I would have learned the first time but I didn't. I stopped after the 4th ER visit. K2 used to make me freak out more than PCP ever did.
This is correct.
I mean the good synthetic cannabinoids you can't really distinguish but I've had some blends of K2 that made me freak out way worse than weed. But I was smoking random kinds of K2, I'm sure if I knew I was getting specific synthetics that I knew was ok I'm sure my experiences would have been different.
I was implying that if they are used to deliberately “cut” weed person likely wouldn’t figure it out. Like if amount you and I used to smoke in one hit is spread out of a gram or grams of weed to make it stronger.

And honestly some of synthetics I smoked if it wasn’t for the taste and going for a very strong high were very like good strong weed.

Also first time I smoked synthetics was in form of hash. It was sold under brand-name “Afghan”. I smoked it at friends place, pretty high and drunk after we run out of mine weed. Months latter someone mentioned “Spice” and synthetics and I comment how I still never tried something like that and he says – but you did at my place lol. I heard “Afghan”, rolled it, didn’t really catch his talk of “how a bit different it is” but just smoked it thinking it’s a quite lousy Afghan hash for lacking proper taste. First time I knowingly smoked synthetics was with a “Pineapple Express” brand. I was given half-smoked joint and high was strong and good, totally like a very strong weed but you would figure it out even if it was tasting and looking like a weed cuz it’s from super high to baseline in like a half an hour. I also smoked “Galaxy” but that felt like some weak Albanain weed at best and I was doing K along it so can’t really comment if I would figure it out if it tasted and looked just like weed.

I knowingly smoked about 10 different synthetics in a pure form and I liked AM-2201 and AB-FUBINACA the most. I didn’t smoke any of the JWH series (knowingly) and those should be very close to THC. And I still think any good, as in very similar to THC or natural mix of cannabinoids, added to a natural mix of cannabinoids in a tiny dose would be undistinguishable without lab testing.

I wish I knew what exactly was found on multiple samples of weed in my country but don’t, but I’ll try to find when/if I bump again into person who should be able to provide that info.

But I for the fact do know there was weed sprayed with diazepam but can it be smoked or was it just a waste of substance idk. But upon finding out that it really made me wonder if I some time smoked such a weed or with some other benzo as it sometimes really had unnatural downer effect, weed that looked and smell like a weak stuff but gave such an effect that loads of people preferred it, and some still do to “skunk” (mid – high grade, usually indoor weed). Makes you wonder.

This is correct.

I was implying that if they are used to deliberately “cut” weed person likely wouldn’t figure it out. Like if amount you and I used to smoke in one hit is spread out of a gram or grams of weed to make it stronger.

And honestly some of synthetics I smoked if it wasn’t for the taste and going for a very strong high were very like good strong weed.

Also first time I smoked synthetics was in form of hash. It was sold under brand-name “Afghan”. I smoked it at friends place, pretty high and drunk after we run out of mine weed. Months latter someone mentioned “Spice” and synthetics and I comment how I still never tried something like that and he says – but you did at my place lol. I heard “Afghan”, rolled it, didn’t really catch his talk of “how a bit different it is” but just smoked it thinking it’s a quite lousy Afghan hash for lacking proper taste. First time I knowingly smoked synthetics was with a “Pineapple Express” brand. I was given half-smoked joint and high was strong and good, totally like a very strong weed but you would figure it out even if it was tasting and looking like a weed cuz it’s from super high to baseline in like a half an hour. I also smoked “Galaxy” but that felt like some weak Albanain weed at best and I was doing K along it so can’t really comment if I would figure it out if it tasted and looked just like weed.

I knowingly smoked about 10 different synthetics in a pure form and I liked AM-2201 and AB-FUBINACA the most. I didn’t smoke any of the JWH series (knowingly) and those should be very close to THC. And I still think any good, as in very similar to THC or natural mix of cannabinoids, added to a natural mix of cannabinoids in a tiny dose would be undistinguishable without lab testing.

I wish I knew what exactly was found on multiple samples of weed in my country but don’t, but I’ll try to find when/if I bump again into person who should be able to provide that info.

But I for the fact do know there was weed sprayed with diazepam but can it be smoked or was it just a waste of substance idk. But upon finding out that it really made me wonder if I some time smoked such a weed or with some other benzo as it sometimes really had unnatural downer effect, weed that looked and smell like a weak stuff but gave such an effect that loads of people preferred it, and some still do to “skunk” (mid – high grade, usually indoor weed). Makes you wonder.
Yeah the first blend I smoked was called Smacked. But I've had a few different kinds like Diablo, 24K, Ninja, Geeked Up, Green Giant, Red Giant, Bliss, Joker, Black Lion, Caution, Trainwreck, and others

This is correct.

Weed laced with Diazepam? First time I heard that, did you like it?

Weed laced with Diazepam? First time I heard that, did you like it?
I don’t know if I smoked it but it really was around. First I heard it I thought how some idiots wasted perfectly good drug and how diaz can’t be smoked but I’m not sure that’s 100% true, same as snorting non-water soluble benzos is working according to many (I don’t snort pills but know some who do/did irl and online, also some who snorted etiz powder). What I do know is that a lot of weed coming from same direction as did that with diaz was unusually potent and often with very downer like effects. One American that smoked a batch of such stuff, sadly even pretty good to what was sometimes on the market described it as – Mexican mid grade, so pretty much shitty weed when it comes to appearance and smell but somehow hitting really strong, weirdly strong. Since the time I started smoking weed I avoid and when as many younger folks that was only option I often used to water cure it (water would get really brown) or extract it. It’s been many years since I smoked it at any regular basis. But quality of such weed increased too as mid and high grade stuff become common. Still last bud, quite nice looking, dense as fuck but with a weak smell (supposedly from PGRs) got me really stoned and kind of reminded me why there were/are folks preferring it to proper high grade weed.

I don’t know if I smoked it but it really was around. First I heard it I thought how some idiots wasted perfectly good drug and how diaz can’t be smoked but I’m not sure that’s 100% true, same as snorting non-water soluble benzos is working according to many (I don’t snort pills but know some who do/did irl and online, also some who snorted etiz powder). What I do know is that a lot of weed coming from same direction as did that with diaz was unusually potent and often with very downer like effects. One American that smoked a batch of such stuff, sadly even pretty good to what was sometimes on the market described it as – Mexican mid grade, so pretty much shitty weed when it comes to appearance and smell but somehow hitting really strong, weirdly strong. Since the time I started smoking weed I avoid and when as many younger folks that was only option I often used to water cure it (water would get really brown) or extract it. It’s been many years since I smoked it at any regular basis. But quality of such weed increased too as mid and high grade stuff become common. Still last bud, quite nice looking, dense as fuck but with a weak smell (supposedly from PGRs) got me really stoned and kind of reminded me why there were/are folks preferring it to proper high grade weed.
I mean it's definitely possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. But yeah when it comes to snorting benzos, it is so debatable, some would say it doesn't work, others will say it would work because of it dripping down your throat and into the stomach, others will say it definitely works. I mean when I was a teenager I sniffed benzos not knowing any better and I felt it worked. But I stopped snorting them when I was 18 and only popped them since

I mean it's definitely possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. But yeah when it comes to snorting benzos, it is so debatable, some would say it doesn't work, others will say it would work because of it dripping down your throat and into the stomach, others will say it definitely works. I mean when I was a teenager I sniffed benzos not knowing any better and I felt it worked. But I stopped snorting them when I was 18 and only popped them since
People who think snorting benzos doesn’t work wrongly assume that drug must be water soluble so you can snort it and that’s not totally true as nose membrane is somewhat fatty in a sense. And while you can’t snort crack, was it active in a few mg does, that much would likely absorb.

Hell I snorted yopo, two fucking huge fat lines of roasted seeds with some sodium carbonate and it worked really good (in sense of effects at least if I ignore fact it hurt like hell and made me puke and sneeze). If that works I don’t see why snorting benzos wouldn’t.

People who think snorting benzos doesn’t work wrongly assume that drug must be water soluble so you can snort it and that’s not totally true as nose membrane is somewhat fatty in a sense. And while you can’t snort crack, was it active in a few mg does, that much would likely absorb.

Hell I snorted yopo, two fucking huge fat lines of roasted seeds with some sodium carbonate and it worked really good (in sense of effects at least if I ignore fact it hurt like hell and made me puke and sneeze). If that works I don’t see why snorting benzos wouldn’t.
Personally I felt benzos worked going up the nose when I did snort them