• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Synth Cannabinoids] FYI Emergency Scheduling of several (abCHMINICA abPINICA TH2201)

lolwhatzdrugs

Bluelighter
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-12-19/pdf/2014-29651.pdf

Section 201(h)(4) of the CSA (21
U.S.C. 811(h)(4)) requires the Deputy
Administrator to notify the Secretary of
the Department of Health and Human
Services (HHS) of his intention to
temporarily place a substance into
schedule I of the CSA.1 The Deputy
Administrator transmitted notice of his
intent to place AB–CHMINACA, AB–
PINACA, and THJ–2201 in schedule I
on a temporary basis to the Assistant
Secretary by letter dated September 17,
2014. The Assistant Secretary
responded to this notice by letter dated
September 30, 2014, and advised that
based on a review by the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA), there are
currently no investigational new drug
applications or approved new drug
applications for AB–CHMINACA, AB–
PINACA, or THJ–2201. The Assistant
Secretary also stated that HHS has no
objection to the temporary placement of
AB–CHMINACA, AB–PINACA, and
THJ–2201 into schedule I of the CSA.
AB–CHMINACA, AB–PINACA, and
THJ–2201 are not currently listed in any
schedule under the CSA, a condition of
21 U.S.C. 811(h)(1).

Careful with people who vend these after the ban is in effect.

Didn't know if this should go in the megathread, if so please merge.

Good question, only answer I can give you is not when I made that post :)

Edit: I believe this covers it. 30 days after HHS Secretary was informed (likely the date above):

PART 1308 — SCHEDULES OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES

HEARINGS

§1308.49 Emergency scheduling.

Pursuant to 21 U.S.C. 811(h) and without regard to the requirements of 21 U.S.C. 811(b) relating to the scientific and medical evaluation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Administrator may place a substance into Schedule I on a temporary basis, if he determines that such action is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety. An order issued under this section may not be effective before the expiration of 30 days from:

(a) The date of publication by the Administrator of a notice in the Federal Register of his intention to issue such order and the grounds upon which such order is to be issued, and

(b) The date the Administrator has transmitted notification to the Secretary of Health and Human Services of his intention to issue such order. An order issued under this section shall be vacated upon the conclusion of a subsequent rulemaking proceeding initiated under section 201(a) (21 U.S.C. 811(a)) with respect to such substance or at the end of one year from the effective date of the order scheduling the substance, except that during the pendency of proceedings under section 201(a) (21 U.S.C. 811(a)) with respect to the substance, the Administrator may extend the temporary scheduling for up to six months.

[51 FR 15318, Apr. 23, 1986. Redesignated and amended at 62 FR 13968, Mar. 24, 1997]

They need to figure out a better way to do this. Ever since like 2011 this has been how they deal with it, new substance add it to the list. It is a never ending cycle and the newer compounds end up being worse then the older ones. I am so happy I ordered a shit ton of JWH had my fun with it and stopped before they even banned jwh018, it just wasnt fun smoking grams of it a week i spent like 6 months in a haze filled by smoking jwh and passing out.