• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

swollen hands and red/dry skin after smoking meth

ask4lifefool

Greenlighter
So this is the 3rd time this has happened, I'm not asking why cuz I know it's from the meth but I'm asking what is it? Why is the meth doing this? I've smoked meth 3 times in this passed year and after every time like 2 days later aka after I crash, I wAke up to swollen hands that are really red and even kinda rashy and the rashes start going up my arms. Rash around my mouth. hands go numb sometimes and take awhile to get felling back. This time I only took 2 hit but it has me up for 2 days and when I woke up from finally crashing my hands are all swollen and red and dry and rashy and as they days go by my hands get more swollen, bigger and bigger. So swollen my skin starts to crack from trying to close my hands and there to swollen along with being dry. Plz don't tell me I need to see a doctor.. I will if it gets to that point,not to worried as its happened before and goes away after a week or 2. Thanks

Last edited:
Swollen hands possibly vasoconstriction?? Go see a doctor ASAP!!!!

Look up "Compartment Syndrome" on google images. It's a medical term. If that's what you think's happening, go see someone and stop getting high.... In fact, just stop getting high. There's plenty of good drugs out there, I'm guessing meth isn't the one for you.

-As to 'why it's happening'.... I've never actually heard that one before but on a scale of great to not great I'd put that closer to the probably not so great side, so watch out, man.

I looked it up, don't think that's it, it's not that bad and I don't have half the symptoms

If its your entire body i use tons of lotion. But, id rule out this being serious because it doesnt sound to me like simply dry skin.

So this is the 3rd time this has happened, I'm not asking why cuz I know it's from the meth but I'm asking what is it? Why is the meth doing this? I've smoked meth 3 times in this passed year and after every time like 2 days later aka after I crash, I wAke up to swollen hands that are really red and even kinda rashy and the rashes start going up my arms. Rash around my mouth. hands go numb sometimes and take awhile to get felling back. This time I only took 2 hit but it has me up for 2 days and when I woke up from finally crashing my hands are all swollen and red and dry and rashy and as they days go by my hands get more swollen, bigger and bigger. So swollen my skin starts to crack from trying to close my hands and there to swollen along with being dry. Plz don't tell me I need to see a doctor.. I will if it gets to that point,not to worried as its happened before and goes away after a week or 2. Thanks

the skin problems is due to the fact drugs are toxic pollutants to the body, every substance you put into your body has a profound impact on your skin’s health. Just like drinking plenty of water helps to hydrate the skin and boost its immunity, intoxicants dehydrate and damage the skin. Also, drugs tend to overheat the body and cause the body to sweat more than it normally would to cool itself down. Guess what that sweat is made of? Water and toxic byproducts of whatever substances you have been using. This causes yucky stuff to be absorbed by your skin. Without washing it off, it just sits there and festers. This promotes bacterial infections and skin problems galore. So basically drink water and keep up with your hygiene 😊