• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Switching to bupe from either fentadope or methadone?

Letslove_lain

Greenlighter
This my first thread/post so hopefully I dont come across as im rambling.
Ive been using about a bundle daily the past 4 days I want get back on suboxone and call it quits for good. The dope isnt what it used to be, atleast in the tri state area. Its either a light rush, needing to redose pretty quickly, with a tired feeling or straight knockout powder where i wake up an hour later confused, it has the opiate rush i guess but not that great nodding out feeling that got me hooked 7 years ago.

Anyways twice (now on my 3rd) in the past few months i relapsed, first time stopped my subs for a month and the other i went about 2 weeks. Both those times i waited about 24 hrs and gave in taking a 2mg. Horrifying precipitated withdrawels both times and i really want to avoid that the 3rd time.

I have plenty of 2mg suboxone strips but just recently got myself 120mg of liquid methadone. Would i be better taking the methadone for a few days, then work my way onto suboxone. Or just pass on the methadone??

Ive been prescribed suboxone for about 7 years now, for the past 2 years Ive stayed at 4mg (2 2mg strips daily) and unfortunately ive fucked up 3 times now within the past few months.

So pretty much do i stop the dope, switch to subs once moderate withdrawels, or use up the 120mg methadone. Because both times i went through unbelievable hell for. Few days both times and really want to avoid that if possible.

Wouldn't there be the danger of pw coming off of methadone as well?

Wouldn't there be the danger of pw coming off of methadone as well?
Yeah im sure there is. Just wasnt sure if it would somehow be easier. The current dope seems to wear off kind if quick, yet the second time i wanted to get back on subs I followed the cows score chart and sure enough the same nightmare. Maybe im just gonna have to go through hell once more

The Methadone will just make you have to wait longer before switching to Subs. Pick one and stick to it.

This my first thread/post so hopefully I dont come across as im rambling.
Ive been using about a bundle daily the past 4 days I want get back on suboxone and call it quits for good. The dope isnt what it used to be, atleast in the tri state area. Its either a light rush, needing to redose pretty quickly, with a tired feeling or straight knockout powder where i wake up an hour later confused, it has the opiate rush i guess but not that great nodding out feeling that got me hooked 7 years ago.

Anyways twice (now on my 3rd) in the past few months i relapsed, first time stopped my subs for a month and the other i went about 2 weeks. Both those times i waited about 24 hrs and gave in taking a 2mg. Horrifying precipitated withdrawels both times and i really want to avoid that the 3rd time.

I have plenty of 2mg suboxone strips but just recently got myself 120mg of liquid methadone. Would i be better taking the methadone for a few days, then work my way onto suboxone. Or just pass on the methadone??

Ive been prescribed suboxone for about 7 years now, for the past 2 years Ive stayed at 4mg (2 2mg strips daily) and unfortunately ive fucked up 3 times now within the past few months.

So pretty much do i stop the dope, switch to subs once moderate withdrawels, or use up the 120mg methadone. Because both times i went through unbelievable hell for. Few days both times and really want to avoid that if possible.
Had anyone used the Bermese method to get on suboxone to taper of fentdope? Please help anyone I can’t even figure out how to post or start a thread to ask questions

Had anyone used the Bermese method to get on suboxone to taper of fentdope? Please help anyone I can’t even figure out how to post or start a thread to ask questions
No I have not and after experiencing a precipitated withdrawl, I personally wouldn't risk it.

DO NOT TAKE METHADONE!!!! You have to wait AT LEAST 2 weeks after methadone to even attempt suboxone or you will get the worst precipitated withdraw in your life and it will last long too. Idk if you can get any benzos but my husband and I just actually went through switching from methadone to suboxone. We both had to stop taking the methadone go back to using dope for 3 weeks and then once the methadone was out if our system we had to wait the full 72 hours of withdrawal before slowly inducing suboxone. How we were able to make it the full 72 hours was benzos. My husband get prescribed xanax for his anxiety and he had a bunch saved up cause he doesn't take them all the time just when it gets bad for him. He went through the detox first and what we did was loaded him up on the xanax and I kept the xanax built up in him (after he took about 3 mgs when he started withdrawal all I had to do was give him 1-1.5 mg every 4 hours) he was able to pretty much sleep through the worst of the withdrawal and I was able to induce suboxone without an issue. I know not everyone has access to benzos so this may not work for you I just wanted to give our experience. As far as the bernese method my husband actually did that a few years ago when we had a slip up and had to get back on subs. He says it works great. If the xanax didn't work this time I was going to do the bernese method. If you need the info on that there is a thread on here that gives pretty detailed info on it. I'll try to find it and post it for you. GOOD LUCK!!!! I know this shit isn't easy but at least you are trying to get back on the right track!