• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching IVing suboxone to sublingul

NeuroMind

Greenlighter
After leaving a program I was getting suboxone on the st (>price removed< per 8 mg where I live) I haven't had a job so I had to make ever bit of what I had work. While being prescribed it I never IVd it. But since I could barely afford it (and my life is unmanageable without it because of the damage I have done) I have had to IV it. In the last four months I have dropped down from IVing 4 mg to about 1 mg. I just recently started a program and for the last week and a half have been prescribed 8 mg a day. I thought since it was 30 percent BA sublingually that I was taking the equivalent of 3 mg. But, 8 mg isn't cutting it. I feel just uncomfortable all the time. Will I feel better at 12 or 16? Or do I just need to take longer and get use to the switch. A couple of times I have given in and just shot up a little tiny piece.

My veins are all small or blown up and I just know I'm causing more damage and I don't know what to do anymore. I need advice. Will also answer anymore questions anyone has. All I ask is for to keep away the negativity. I have done so so well staying away from drugs. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BL. Before I talk, please refrain from posting any drug prices.

I used to IV my subs. I dosed 0.5mg every 12 hours. Occasionally, I didn't have the chance to inject due to various reasons, and 4mg always seemed to work. The only thing I can think of is it's not absorbing properly.

Before you take it, have a nice glass of liquid, then rinse out with some listerine (alcohol based). Make sure as little as possible is swallowed.

Other than that, try a split dose as I found that helped me out.

May i ask,you got on subs to quit street drugs like heroin etc or was it because of pain management prescription abuse?

Im just wondering when you left the clinic,why you chose to buy subs off the street and didnt just return to your usual drug of choice?

Im asking just to get a better grasp of the situation,i think its great you got on maintainance and trying to recover.I made the same choice recently.
I hope it works out for you.Good luck!

I wanted to stay off heroin. And I moved back home to where it's really expensive and I can't afford a habit. >removed price< suboxone goes a lot farther than trying to get a bun for 150 and it being only half a gram.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is a "bun".
I'm a 23 yr opiate user and I'm new to this site and love what I see so far. I'm just trying to learn the lingo like "IM" and "bun"
thanks

I'm also toying with running subs as opposed to sublingual. I'm trying to decide whether I want to stop taking Tia and will use the subs to help. Also "BA"?
Sorry for my ignorance. I'm really learning a lot from you folks. Thank you all

Bun is a bundle, or 10 bags.
IM stands for intramuscular.

Thanks you very much. I love my opiates/ opiods and love IVing. Problem with that is, it makes you look like a junkie because of the tracts and it can easily get all consuming. For years I've just been "go hard or why go?" But, I'm trying to get a little better control of the whole addiction thing. I'm a user and think I always will be. I've tried all kinds of rehabs and I just like drugs. (please don't think I'm trying to encourage anyone to use, it's a hard life)
I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to learn to pull back on the reigns and control it. So far I think I'm doing a decent job at it. I'm working an actual job for the first time in 13 yrs. Paying my bills and buying my drug legit. I'm trying Tianeptine for the first time, been doing it now for about 6 months. It was starting to get out of hand at 40 Grams a week. So, plan is to take subs a week or so to cut down my tolerance. I assume I'll eventually get back to other opiates, just not rushing it. So far it's working for me now.
Question; IV subs. Pros/ cons?
Also, if anyone has any advice for me about how to "control" my addiction (other than don't try it) please let me know. I need some pointer. I have no one to talk to that understands this life.
Thank you for what y'all are doing here. It's amazing and a wonderful breath of fresh air for me.

Also, I said that's a g here. That's assuming your getting it by the point like I do