• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from IV heroin/subs to kratom

FCopsStayHi

Greenlighter
Ive been an opiate addict ever since i found out you can suck off the time release on OxyContin... as well as full blown crack and benzo addict.. back and forth clean and using for half my life... the stage im currently at is slight benzo addiction 2mg kpin or 1mg xan needed each day (no script) and have been bouncing back and forth from IV heroin use for a few weeks back to subs for a few weeks... my girl and i want to def stop the H altogether but dont want to be on subs either cause instead of having a dangerous monkey on your back you have a safer ape. So we did some kratom research amd gpt two ounces...ive used it betweem the H amd the subs to lessen the chances of PWD... i cant drink it anymore its its awful tasting,so we are getting capsules...WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BEST WAY TO TRANSFER ONTO THE KRATOM FULL TIME AND WHAT DOSES WILL WORK TO KEEP US COMFORTABLE FOR THE TIME BEING... ANY INFO EXPERIENCES WILL HELP THANKS

I?d probably empty some vitamins that are around the house and capsulate the Kratom that way.
That or buy empty capsules and do it yourself, I just know myself and I?m impatient so maybe emptying a few vitamins might be ok

Ive been an opiate addict ever since i found out you can suck off the time release on OxyContin... as well as full blown crack and benzo addict.. back and forth clean and using for half my life... the stage im currently at is slight benzo addiction 2mg kpin or 1mg xan needed each day (no script) and have been bouncing back and forth from IV heroin use for a few weeks back to subs for a few weeks... my girl and i want to def stop the H altogether but dont want to be on subs either cause instead of having a dangerous monkey on your back you have a safer ape. So we did some kratom research amd gpt two ounces...ive used it betweem the H amd the subs to lessen the chances of PWD... i cant drink it anymore its its awful tasting,so we are getting capsules...WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BEST WAY TO TRANSFER ONTO THE KRATOM FULL TIME AND WHAT DOSES WILL WORK TO KEEP US COMFORTABLE FOR THE TIME BEING... ANY INFO EXPERIENCES WILL HELP THANKS
I'm trying this right now also. Reds strains are more opiate-like, although most strains will provide a sedative effect at higher doses. I would get Red Bali, as it is the most opiate-like. Though alternating strains daily or every few days is the best way to go about it. Find a site with multiple strains and pick up a few different ones. As far as dosage that is kinda tricky since everyone is different in how they react to substances. But my advice is to start at 1-2g (or 1/2 tsp-1tsp) and see how you feel in 30-mins to an hour. Obviously drinking it straight will provide the quickest onset. I don't mind the taste so much but I couldn't imagine drinking 10g or something. It really is amazing stuff. I have never been able to sleep when I'm in W/D from opiates and the first night I tried Kratom I was able to sleep. Though apparently Kratom is habit forming also and tolerances build up. Another reason why it's ideal to alternate between strains regularly. Some say it makes no difference, just see what works for you. I will update on my experience as well. I'm in no way an expert on Kratom either. Good luck to you, hope it works out for better in the end.

It's been my experience that kratom does nothing for opiate wd. Others say it's a godsend. The bup will bind to receptors hard and stop wd from anything, but but nothing seems to work for bup cessation. Bouncing back and forth from these drugs I don't know how addicted you are to any of them, but you probably have the personality that you need to be addicted to something at all times. It's that want/reward cycle. If you are intersted in kratom I would do research into other's experiences and experiment. It is safer than the other drugs you are taking.

Kratom is not a pharmaceutical. It's in the same category of recommending different Cannabis strains to people. Essentially, you OP, must discover a strain of Kratom that works for you and then determine what dosage of said strain is required to produce the feeling that you're after. Once you have gotten to this point, if you don't like the taste, there are a variety of ways to transfer the plant matter into forms that are more easily dosed i.e. gelatin capsules. The other thing? Unlike the Commercial Cannabis industry, is that Kratom features a level of regulation that is quite a bit different and less scientific. You won't have nearly the same idea of certainty regarding Kratom.

There is a great deal of estimation and guess work involved with Kratom, which make dosing in a manner resembling medicine really difficult.