• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

switching back to suboxone from opana problems?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
ok I have been on suboxone since July 2017. 3 8mg strips a day. well i fuck up only when i can get my hands on opana. and i have a crazy tolerance i can handle 160 mg oxymorphone a day(snorted). and yes unforentely I'm lucky and unlucky at the same time to be able to get crushable opana ers in 2018. so enough rambling. ive had a 5 day binge. about 120 mg a day. everytime i do these binges and go back on my suboxone i get super depressed, still have minor wd symptoms just insomnia, and minor chills. but the mental state after a opana binge on my suboxone is terrible, i dont feel like going to work or talking to anybody just sitting in my bed depressed. and this is on 24 mg suboxone ive even tried 32 mg for 2 days before with no better effect. any suggestions? it last around 5-7 days intill i feel normal on the subs again mentally. physically i feel better in about 36 hours after sub dose? why does this not happen after a huge oxycodone binge? just opana. i understand opana is strong as hell but dang the depression is so strong intill finally after a week stabling back on suboxone. any tips or answers is greatly appreciated!! thanks

i was doing 120 mg oxymorphone a day for 5 days (snorted). 20 mg oxymorphone ER. ugh its like a roller coaster, felt AMAZING for 5 days and now ill feel like dirt for a week. i have some xanax 2 mg tablets this time, will they help or make it worse?

Its just part of the process man. When you go from a full agonist to a partial agonist, there can be some pain. It takes time to adjust. I jumped from fentanyl to suboxone and back again probably 15 times and it gets harder every time. Your dose of suboxone is crazy high. 24MG. I've been seeing this more and more lately, people on ridiculously high doses of suboxone. I really believe nobody needs more than 8mg, with a few exceptions of course. Stay on suboxone and don't do any other opiates if you don't want to experience withdrawal symptoms. I would recommend tapering down to something more reasonable.

Opana has a VERY HIGH binding affinity, and Opana IR snorted is close to 10x stronger- really, you need 72hrs, full wd, and reduce your dose of buprenorphine a bit

At the very least, after ~40 hours, take a *small(ish) dose of buprenorphine, and the next day increase it to fully alleviate wd-this will certainly ease the transition- though even with er TABLETS, it may be like half a gram of oxycodone snorted(which is a lot, obviously) and I doubt your taking massive oxycodone doses-you couldn't even snort that much, would have to swallow or IV with a BD style 3ml(or possibly 5ml) syringe

Take my advice, what your doing is too hard on the body- you need to adjust GRADUALLY, post back and I can work to give you suggestions that will more or less solve this. Opioids were always my doc, and I have the knowledge to help, in these unique situations

And you would feel better gradually turning over, and trying say 2 sub strips when you go back to full dose(or 12ng, that seems to be a good dose, although dissolved in <1ml of water and administered sublingual makes it 1.5-2x as potent, as it increases BA%, sometimes to 50%(albeit there is still a shallow depot effect- however it's good to know - For your health :)