• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching back and forth from fent to bupe

Rxoxo

Bluelighter
Im going to try and briefly describe my situation here and then ask for some advice...

I’ve been buying these “fent 30s” for awhile now, basically some sort of fent pressed into a pill that looks like an oxy 30, I’m sure many of you have come across these before.

They’re awesome, get you high as hell. I’ve been trying to get off them though. So I’ve been using suboxone strips on days I don’t do fent. For awhile it would go like this: spend a few days doing fent, then the day after fent I would start with 1/8th of a 8mg sub strip around 11 am and take more small peices as needed throughout the day. I never experienced any withdrawal symptoms, or PWS. I usually make it about 3 days before breaking down and doing some fent again. So basically 3 days on and off with both, and this worked super well for me. I never felt shitty, ever. It’s been great because I would save a lot of money this way (the fent pills are expensive as hell and thats the reason I’m trying to quit, can’t sustain that habit). Anyways, my dealer got a new batch of fent pills recently that are slightly different, not sure how, the strength seemed about the same but the taste and texture just a little different. After using these for a few days, I went to subs after again like usual. However, the subs didn’t seem to do shit for me this time. I felt like crap and on the first day of switching to subs I broke down and got fent that night because the subs just weren’t working how they usually do.
I guess I’m wondering if I somehow messed up by using both so much and switching frequently like that? Is that possible for subs to just quit working for you because you switched so many times back and forth? Or do you think the dealers new batch is a different fent analogue and might be stronger and therefore I’d need more sub than I was originally taking? Im not really sure what to do here now, my old system worked so well. Now I can’t seem to even just switch to subs at all. And I am more motivated than ever to quit, but I feel trapped because I don’t have that security of “I’ll just take subs when I run out the next day and be good.”
I literally cannot take a few days off to go through withdrawals, I have people to take care of and work and yeah I’m just not able to be a shit bag and sleep for days on end while I recover, that’s just not an option for me. Does anyone have experience with something like this? What do y’all think? What should be my next move? Really appreciate some advice if anyone has experience with these two opiates specifically.

Yes I have commented on other threads recently about this and I'm surprised you were able to easily switch back and forth.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in all likelihood those days are over. Switching back and forth from fentanyl and suboxone really doesn't work well and it gets to the point where suboxone doesn't come close to satisfying the withdrawals of fentanyl.

Also note, suboxone is stronger at receptor affinity, meaning when you take it it knocks the fentanyl off of your brain and replaces it, putting you into withdrawal faster and worse than if you did not take it.

Subs really weren't made for mixing with stronger opiates, it's a painful way of life I have lived far too long

Do you have any idea why I was able to do it so easily before? It’s just odd to me. I never thought it would be easy to switch back and forth like that, I was surprised it worked as well as it did for even that time period.
Lately I have drastically cut down on the amount of fent I’ve been having, in hopes that soon I’ll be able to get off it with suboxone once and for all.

Do you have any idea why I was able to do it so easily before? It’s just odd to me. I never thought it would be easy to switch back and forth like that, I was surprised it worked as well as it did for even that time period.
Lately I have drastically cut down on the amount of fent I’ve been having, in hopes that soon I’ll be able to get off it with suboxone once and for all.

Not sure only thing that comes to mind is fentanyl has a very short half life so maybe before it was out of your system when you took the subs? You’re probably just a little deeper addicted to be honest.

and same here my friend, we both got a road to walk

Maybe the short acting plain fentanyl was in the oc30s before the new batch came in with some slight difference like maybe it was alpha methyl fent or carfentanyl that last longer or something thus still being in your system when you take the bupe.