• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switch from fentanyl to subs with a day of methadone

Vic3s333

Greenlighter
First time posting sorry for any mistakes. Been using fentanyl iv for the past 6 months went from a two gram a day habit to just maintaining maybe just using a half a gram each day. Trying to get back on my bupe but am terrified of precipitated withdrawals. Almost got to 24 today but then used but it was so bad I still feel sick idk what it is with this one dude but it’s straight garbage but he cuffed me for the last time but yah so I took 20mg of methadone to help carry me a little in the morning. I was wondering if it would be safe to take my bupe 24 hours after such a low dose of methadone. I just got a new job and can’t go to detox so I really want to give this a shot I know I can get to the 24 hours tomorrow and start of with very little Bupe and see how I feel every 2 hrs with the help of gabapentin and even grabbed some Imodium after reading on here about it. But idk anyone that could give me some advice on if it’s such a low does of methadone will the 24hrs be enough ?

First time posting sorry for any mistakes. Been using fentanyl iv for the past 6 months went from a two gram a day habit to just maintaining maybe just using a half a gram each day. Trying to get back on my bupe but am terrified of precipitated withdrawals. Almost got to 24 today but then used but it was so bad I still feel sick idk what it is with this one dude but it’s straight garbage but he cuffed me for the last time but yah so I took 20mg of methadone to help carry me a little in the morning. I was wondering if it would be safe to take my bupe 24 hours after such a low dose of methadone. I just got a new job and can’t go to detox so I really want to give this a shot I know I can get to the 24 hours tomorrow and start of with very little Bupe and see how I feel every 2 hrs with the help of gabapentin and even grabbed some Imodium after reading on here about it. But idk anyone that could give me some advice on if it’s such a low does of methadone will the 24hrs be enough ?
No 24 will not be long enough. Methadone is very long lasting and very powerful. It strongly attaches to the opiate receptors for a long time. Its probably the worst drug to try and switch to Bupe from. If I were you Id look into the Bernese method of inducing buprenorphine.

No 24 will not be long enough. Methadone is very long lasting and very powerful. It strongly attaches to the opiate receptors for a long time. Its probably the worst drug to try and switch to Bupe from. If I were you Id look into the Bernese method of inducing buprenorphine.
I made it to like 27 hours and took a tiny piece and felt ok and then two hours later took another tiny piece and now it’s been 4 days and I haven’t gotten high can’t say I don’t want to cause I do. Was going to try the Bernese method.