• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Swelling from injection

Slanglie

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is my first post and I basically made the account to ask about this. I'm pretty sure it's a histamine reaction, but it's just weird because I am the only one that I have seen this happen to. This has happened to me from a few different batches of heroin, but basically I do my shot in my arm, and I will get really hot all over, I'll get bad pins and needles, and my face and arms will turn bright red. Then my face will swell so bad I look like an old scary man with wrinkles (I'm 22), and I also get hives up and down my arms. Just wondering if this is just a more intense histamine reaction, or if it's something more serious.
Thanks guys

Oh yea, and also, all of the swelling and issues goes away within 20 minutes to an hour

yeah sounds like a allergic reaction of sorts maybe to a cutting agent?
given that it happens randomly i would bet you have some type of allergy to something they are cutting it with
i would head to the doc and get tested for possible allergies
the scary thing is about that is you can go into anaphylactic shock

I've been to the doc years ago for allergy testing and am allergic to some pollen and trees. I think the issue might be that the dopes converting back to morphine and I have a higher histamine reaction than most people, because every time I get bad swelling , I also get pins and needles which is associated with morphine, not H. It is scary tho and quite intense lol

What you described sounds a lot like a high dose of morphine EXCEPT for the facial swelling, which does sound like an allergic reaction. I've only done heroin a handful of times so am by no means an expert. For example, I have no idea what the usual cutting agents are. I guess a quick google search would provide me with answers but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

I guess my post is to espouse the virtues of morphine, in the sense that morphine is made in controlled settings and is almost always very easy to dilute n' shoot. Also, the half-life of heroin is about 3 to 6 minutes (yes, minutes), then it reverts from diamorphine into plain old morphine.

Heroin (like oxycodone) passes through the blood-brain barrier marginally quicker than morphine, which is why a) heroin is 'smoother' (for lack of a better word) and b) morphine creates that pins-and-needles sensation. BUT morphine gets into your CNS pretty darn fast and, in this contributor's humble opinion, the fact heroin has such a short half-life makes taking morphine, and not diamorphine (heroin), a much better option. I mean, morphine isn't cut with anything (obviously there are fillers in the pill but they are unlikely to cause an allergenic reaction), and thus there are minimal risks for what is essentially the same reward.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying to turn this thread into a morphine vs. heroin showdown. I just think if people knew how quickly heroin becomes morphine, they wouldn't risk both the cutting agents and the fluctuating levels of purity which plague any unregulated psychoactive.

Anyway, maybe you should avoid smack for a while until this batch is all gone.

Peace :)

I get intense "pins and needles" with IV morphine

Do you enjoy the sensation? I ask because as a regular morphine user I really like the feeling, but I wonder if I only like it because I associate it with the subsequent high.

I know of people who are regular IV users of either oxycodone or heroin but (oddly enough) have never tried morphine, and after their first try of IV morphine have said they thoroughly dislike the pins-and-needles feeling.

I wonder if I only like the feeling because I know what come next? I suppose it would stand to reason. I mean, I think if people are honest with themselves they would admit that wine and beer and spirits don't actually taste good. It becomes a pleasant taste after the brain begins to associate it with a pleasant psychoactive reaction. Same with smoking.

Remember when you were a teenager and your first sip of beer tasted, well, bad. And smoking was horrible! I think maybe the pins-and-needles sensation might fall into the same category...

I wouldn't say that I find it to be enjoyable necessarily, it's just kind of a strange feeling. I do like the high of IV morphine a lot, though...it's one drug that turns from "meh..." to "awesome!" when you switch to IV. One of my favorite opiate highs (right up there with oxycodone and IV heroin).

The same type of reaction happens whenever I have injected black tar heroin, and I always associated it with a histamine reaction. Black tar is a bit different from either one but to me seems to be more like plain diamorphine.

Yeah or you didn't shoot properly
. Well that was someone of a ditzy reply. Im pretty positive I shot properly, since ya know, I got the rush and all, hence the pins and needles. And I would know if I had missed my shot. This has happened multiple times, but this last time it was the worst and was pretty scary how bad my face swelled up and how hot and intense things got, and I'm not talking sex lol

And also Willy, about liking the pins and needles sensation. I personally dislike them . it's quite intense and almost becomes too painful and uncomfortable. The only reason I would say that I like them is because 99% of the time it's a sign that I just did a good shot haha