Sweaty Suboxone=/=Going back to methadone advice

2ndEYE

Greenlighter
New here. Have a question at the end. Try to keep it short. Was on methadone for around 3 yrs. swapped to suboxone. Been on subs for around 6 years. I’m fine at 4mg per day once a day now with now problems. No desire to use and have no doubt I’ve left that life behind. Huge issue is this past cpl of years the subs have made me a super sweater. I hate it. I live in a humid climate and the problem was never this bad before. So I’m thinking of going back to methadone at the beginning dose without going up.

has anyone tried, or know if it’s possible to stay on a low does of methadone for a few months then start tapering slowly would give me time to get out of the suboxone PAWs while also minimizing WDs from methadone? I jumped off subs a few years back cold rulers at 16mg/day (huge mistake) for 9 MONTHS Thinking I’d make it through but even at 9 months my PAWS were horrible and I had to do something. Without wanting to go back on pills I went back on subs. I would just taper the subs but this sweating is embarrassing and I’ve just gotten a good job. I don’t want to seat like I do but I’m mostly positive it’s the subs.

I will update thread as I go and am I’m for advice from anyone with experience with this. Btw subs also cause my anxiety which has been happing since I started. I’m sick of the subs.

I'm not sure, but if you plan on getting off of MAT completely, you might just have to deal with PAWS no matter what. It's hard to avoid, but exercise, meditation, and taking certain medicines or supplements can help with dealing with PAWS.

The PaWs was so bad form jumping off the subs so high. They lasted forever. Surely swapping Mack to methadone and staying at the min does age for 3 months would clear the sub for good in my mind. Then taper down 1mg a day until I’m off methadone with hopefully little w/s. I’m wondering if anyone’s tried this.

Edit. And like I said… I wish I could just taper the subs but this wearing is getting way out of hand.

You can switch from subs to methadone without going in withdrawal at all. It's really so easy that you stop taking taking the subs and start taking methadone the next day. However the other way round (from methadone to subs) is much more complicated.