• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Swapping to suboxone. I'm confused.

SmokeyKolegrove

Greenlighter
I've heard people say get down to 30 mgs and others say skip three days. I was on 200 mgs but haven't taken any since Wednesday. If I go.back actually have to taper from 200 t0 30 I'll never get og. What should I do

I think you're confusing subutex with something else? Subutex is typically prescribed in doses from 2 - 12mg, 30mg is insane and 200mg is literally completely unheard of.

He is probably talking about methadone.

Old post, but I will reply for others.

You have to be in deep enough withdrawal to start. You can go from 200mg to bupe. But you would probably need to skip around 6/7 days. I know people that have done it from ~100mg and I did it from 65. We all went into post acute. Most likely is gong to happen regardless if you are long term doser.

In any case, start with the smallest piece of bupe. Wait an hour. Another small piece. Wait an hour. Will probably take a good 24/36 hours to induce, but you should be feeling fine within 48 hours. How long it took me. Most important part is to start with around .5mg of bupe and wait that hour. If you are getting worse, then wait maybe 2-3 hours before another .5mg. Last thing you want to do is stick 6mg of bupe at once. .5mg of bupe won't put you into horrible post withdrawal if you waited a good 6/7 days.

If you can make it 9/10 days even better.

He is probably talking about methadone.

Old post, but I will reply for others.

You have to be in deep enough withdrawal to start. You can go from 200mg to bupe. But you would probably need to skip around 6/7 days. I know people that have done it from ~100mg and I did it from 65. We all went into post acute. Most likely is gong to happen regardless if you are long term doser.

In any case, start with the smallest piece of bupe. Wait an hour. Another small piece. Wait an hour. Will probably take a good 24/36 hours to induce, but you should be feeling fine within 48 hours. How long it took me. Most important part is to start with around .5mg of bupe and wait that hour. If you are getting worse, then wait maybe 2-3 hours before another .5mg. Last thing you want to do is stick 6mg of bupe at once. .5mg of bupe won't put you into horrible post withdrawal if you waited a good 6/7 days.

If you can make it 9/10 days even better.
Yeah I was talking about methadone. I just noticed my post had several mistakes lol. Also I m on 100 mgs not 200 mgs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Same deal. Wait at least 5-6 days. Start with a little piece.

You can use that. They recommend 96 hours+. The little note when switching from methadone that there will be some slight issues for about 2 weeks is about right. When I went into PWD from ~65mg I cannot say it was miserable. Remember headache and chest pains, regretting I took it, etc. Took them for about 4-5 days stopped. Then took them a week later and actually felt a buzz.

Not sure if you are using them to detox, or switch forever? I never did feel right on subs. Knew a bunch of people that tried to switch from methadone to subs and all came back to the clinic. Something to consider. I would personally try to get the dose down a bit more. At the same time, I think there will be discomfort regardless as you adjust to the subs. Will certainly keep you at least well enough to function.