Recruiting Survey Study: Seeking information on how you access overdose prevention and safe drug use supplies

homeharmredux

Greenlighter
Hello,

My name is Jazmine Li, a Senior Research Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine, and I am writing on behalf of my team for the HOME (Harm reduction services Offered through Mail-delivery Expansion) study led by Dr. Czarina Behrends. Our study website can be found here: https://homeharmredux.com/

Overview: HOME is a National Institute of Health funded study that aims to understand the use of harm reduction services (i.e. syringe/needle exchange, naloxone/Narcan, other safe use supplies, etc.) nationally by people who use drugs in the United States. This study will contribute to understanding what type of harm reduction service delivery works best for different types of people, specifically the role of mail-based harm reduction services. This study has been approved by the Weill Cornell IRB and all efforts will be made to protect your confidentiality.

Participation: We are recruiting approximately 1,200 persons who use drugs. We are looking for people who will complete a total of six ~15-minute online surveys over the course of 18 months. You can receive between $15-40 online for every survey completed.

Eligibility: We are looking for individuals over the age of 18 who are located within the United States and can remain in the study for the full 18-month period. Participants must be able to read and write in English or Spanish and have never used mail-based harm reduction services before.

If you or someone you know is interested in joining our study, please complete this survey to see if you can participate. If you are eligible, we will send you an email or a text message with next steps. If you have any questions, you can email us at [email protected].

Bluelight is really excited to be able to support this study through a banner advertisement and announcements across our platforms, including our Discord server. It's such an important intervention to be able to get harm reduction supplies to as many people as possible.

For those who do participate, please come back to this thread for further discussion of the study.