• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Recruitment Survey: Ever tried cannabis?

spacejunk

Bluelight Crew
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine researchers, in collaboration with researchers from Columbia University and the University of Massachusetts, are conducting a survey on cannabis use trends.

This survey is open to all of the Bluelight community, including guest visitors.

To participate in this research study, you need to meet the following requirements:
1) Be 18 years of age or older;
2) Have used cannabis (any form) at least once in your lifetime.

The survey is anonymous - IP addresses will NOT be collected; no identifying information will be asked.
The survey is about 15 minutes long.*
The survey has been approved by the ethics committees at each participating university.

Please, use the buttons at the bottom of the survey page (NOT your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons) to move through the survey.

Survey link

This study was created with a Bluelight audience in mind, so we are promoting it across the forum in the hope that it will get a good response from bluelight users.
To be eligible, you simply need to have used cannabis.
Although the quote above says it takes ~15 minutes to fill out, it didn't take anywhere near that long for me.

Yeah...still though, statistics are useful.
Not everyone lives in places with laws like those in Colorado, that open up the development of cannabis products and culture the way they have there and on the west coast of the USA.

Rookie question that I should know more about - is there availability of shatter/dabs/concentrates in Australia? Or is that mainly a US thing?

Thanks for completing the survey, by the way. It would be great if everyone gave it a go.

I should disclose that I am a named consultant for the research team, and that the team has contributed to paying the ongoing costs of hosting Bluelight. :)

Rookie question that I should know more about - is there availability of shatter/dabs/concentrates in Australia? Or is that mainly a US thing?

There is. But in my circles it's not common. I've heard of friends coming across it a bit but I havent seen any or tried any yet.

You can make dabs yourself with buds though (and a hair straightener) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF2-M9aqIs

I've had concentrates like BHO, but they're usually not made on commercial scales IME, so they're fairly rare.
Bit more of a home-made thing generally.

Interesting, thanks everyone. We can get pretty creative when things aren't available off the shelf so to speak in Australia!!

Acetone wash and dry it, then suspend in 95% ethanol and use in a strong home brew like an IIPA. Oil is impossible to deal with otherwise

So, submissions for this survey will be closing in just under a week, i believe.

If you've considered doing so, i urge you to fill it out while you still can.
You'd be assisting people who do a lot for bluelight, as well as helping share information with the scholarly side of drug research, by helping the researchers gather more data.

Do it! C'mon!

Thanks everyone for supporting this survey - we have over 1000 respondents! The survey will now close and we will let everyone know when the findings are available.

BHO and Bubble Hash (Ice water extracted hashish) are available as far as concentrates go. Not heard of anyone having shatter though.