• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Surely not PAWS?

7ca5p

Bluelighter
So a couple of years back (Summer 2013) I was taking a medium dose of 4x 30mg DHC a day for a few months and came off. Went through w/ds which were obviously not too bad but had a few months of feeling like shit.

Anyway this summer I became ill, and so had very very lose dose dhc and tramadol on varying days, like 30-50mg Tramadol a day, or 10-15mg of DHC a day. I was getting these doses from cutting a 30mg sometimes in to halves, and most often in to quarters. This went began in June. I never had a full pill in this time, only halves. With the tramadol I was emptying out a 100mg capsule to under the halfway point.

I stopped that in late September and aside from like 7 days spread out across the 79 since then, I've felt utterly appalling. Restless legs from minute one of waking up, broken sleep, anhedonia, music just sounds like irritating noise, bright lights give me headaches, intense debilitating fatigue, neck and back weakness, breathing difficulties, and the occasional random muscular pain too.

I've cut gluten and milk from my diet, I get regular exercise and I keep active.

I guess my question is simple. When I read those symptoms back I feel that many are PAWS symptoms, but surely having such a tiny amount for a few months would not cause such life affecting long term withdrawal?

So in this situation, is having the occasional half/quarter dhc to make a difficult day a bit easier going to be helpful? Or is that what's caused this?

Sorry for the long post, I'm completely baffled here. Any help or advice at all would be hugely appreciated. :)

What kind of illness you had last summer? All of those symptoms can be related to a body wide minor inflammation, which can be cured with for example week long APAP treatment.

Hi MrRoot thanks for replying.

The illness was a respiratory infection of some sort. It was all the classic flu symptoms but was different in so far as I had a dry cough all the way through July and August and deep in to September too. I never got a full diagnosis (because I don't think they knew) but got a prescription for Tramadol, which I then took in the tiny doses. My bloods came back normal.

I was essentially told to ride it out and have some painkillers and after that, NAC, which I haven't noticed too much from.

The cough went away a couple of months back and my nose cleared up also, but the symptoms I talked about in my first post have persisted and are present 99% of the time.

Do you live in an area where there are ticks too?

Lyme Disease has quite similar symptoms.

"
Early signs and symptoms

A small, red bump often appears at the site of a tick bite or tick removal and resolves over a few days. This is normal after a tick bite and does not indicate Lyme disease.

However, these signs and symptoms may occur within a month after you've been infected:

Rash. From 3 to 30 days after an infected tick bite, an expanding red area might appear that sometimes clears in the center, forming a bull’s-eye pattern. The rash (erythema migrans) expands slowly over days and can spread to 12 inches (30 centimeters) across. It is typically not itchy or painful.

Erythema migrans is one of the hallmarks of Lyme disease. Some people develop this rash at more than one place on their bodies.

Flu-like symptoms. Fever, chills, fatigue, body aches and a headache may accompany the rash.

Later signs and symptoms

If untreated, new signs and symptoms of Lyme infection might appear in the following weeks to months. These include:

Erythema migrans appearing in other areas of your body.
Joint pain. Bouts of severe joint pain and swelling are especially likely to affect your knees, but the pain can shift from one joint to another.
Neurological problems. Weeks, months or even years after infection, you might develop inflammation of the membranes surrounding your brain (meningitis), temporary paralysis of one side of your face (Bell's palsy), numbness or weakness in your limbs, and impaired muscle movement.

Less common signs and symptoms

Several weeks after infection, some people develop:

Heart problems, such as an irregular heartbeat. Heart problems rarely last more than a few days or weeks.
Eye inflammation.
Liver inflammation (hepatitis).
Severe fatigue."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lyme-disease/basics/symptoms/con-20019701