• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

We can scientifically explain the supernatural itch that some allow to control their thinking.

In children, this might be a good way of expanding their minds, but adults are asked to put away the things of children, which, to me, includes supernatural and fantasy thinking.

I use these to show substance dualism. I see this as a useful trait for us in nature but not for our spiritual and religious sides.

I see thinking supernaturally as a deterrent to knowing god, even as I promote fantasy thinking in the seeking of the best rulers and laws to live by, which is a good definition for god. After all, Moses, not that he was real, came down from the mountain with rules and laws and not some fantasy supernatural god.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.

Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?

Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?

Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?

Regards
DL

I'm just going to say, seeing your previous statements on this forum this topic is less about a question that you wish to see others answer and more an opportunity to share what you believe is the correct response and disprove anyone's viewpoints.

The word choice you use in your opening post is "childish" vs "adult" thinking which would clue anyone into the framework of your responses. Not here to argue anything, just pointing out that I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my thoughts because I'm not open for aggressive back-and-forths on this topic.

I hope you find what you seek, whatever it may be!

I was using the language of the bible and of the ancients who knew it better than people seem to today.

But yes, I show my position and thus invite criticism of it.

My logic and reason is hard to beat, I hope, and I am not surprised that those who believe in the supernatural would not wish to engage.

Regards
DL

I'm just going to say, seeing your previous statements on this forum this topic is less about a question that you wish to see others answer and more an opportunity to share what you believe is the correct response and disprove anyone's viewpoints.

The word choice you use in your opening post is "childish" vs "adult" thinking which would clue anyone into the framework of your responses. Not here to argue anything, just pointing out that I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing my thoughts because I'm not open for aggressive back-and-forths on this topic.

This basically sums up how I feel about this subforum these days. Used to be you could have interesting conversations around here.

GB, I'm really hesitant to censor anyone, but dude, you've killed this forum for me, it's getting so old. For the last time, quit derailing threads and attacking people. Keep your ranting to the threads you created (like 50% of all the threads in this forum ffs). Last warning.

I see no need to ascribe terms like 'good' or 'evil' to modes of thought. It is actions that deserve such labeling, as thoughts in isolation are little better than farts in the wind.

If a master craftsman produces some intricate work of craftsmanship and claims it was due to divine influences guiding his hand, does it negate the beauty of such a work?

I see no need to ascribe terms like 'good' or 'evil' to modes of thought. It is actions that deserve such labeling, as thoughts in isolation are little better than farts in the wind.

If a master craftsman produces some intricate work of craftsmanship and claims it was due to divine influences guiding his hand, does it negate the beauty of such a work?

You seem to be comparing a good result, beauty, to an evil result of poor thinking, homophobia and misogyny, in the case of the mainstream religions and the belief that a demonstrably evil god is good.

That poor thinking has translated itself into poor and immoral actions of discriminating against gays and women and denying them equality.

To say that that type of thinking is not subject to being good or evil would be wrong. IMO.

Regards
DL

This basically sums up how I feel about this subforum these days. Used to be you could have interesting conversations around here.

GB, I'm really hesitant to censor anyone, but dude, you've killed this forum for me, it's getting so old. For the last time, quit derailing threads and attacking people. Keep your ranting to the threads you created (like 50% of all the threads in this forum ffs). Last warning.

If it is all about you, then, what can I say.

It is your forum. Do as you will.

Regards
DL