• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suggestions on Oxycodone-tapering

Imonmywyay

Greenlighter
Hi there

Im currently on oxycodone, 80mg in the morning, 60 at noon, 60 in the evening and 80 at night

So alltogether im on 280 a day, and because of the Coronavirus, I cant check into any rehab, and since I hate these pills and just want to get off them, Im thinking of bringing myself down

Im no newbie to opioids or taperings, so know whats coming and of course I can take a bit of a beating in order to speed up the process

How would you guys go about this? How fast would you taper, how would you do it? Im thinking i can take 10mg off every 2nd day? Or would it be an idea to not take them one day, wait till im in WD, and see how little I actually need? And then go from there?

Any inputs will be appreciated

How long have You taken them? Thats quite large habit to have and You are doing the right thing thinking about tapering off.

i would drop 20 mg a day. from 280 a day to 260 a day for a week. keep dropping the 20 mg for a week until you get to 100mg. then drop 10mg a week until you're done

Hi there

Im currently on oxycodone, 80mg in the morning, 60 at noon, 60 in the evening and 80 at night

So alltogether im on 280 a day, and because of the Coronavirus, I cant check into any rehab, and since I hate these pills and just want to get off them, Im thinking of bringing myself down

Im no newbie to opioids or taperings, so know whats coming and of course I can take a bit of a beating in order to speed up the process

How would you guys go about this? How fast would you taper, how would you do it? Im thinking i can take 10mg off every 2nd day? Or would it be an idea to not take them one day, wait till im in WD, and see how little I actually need? And then go from there?

Any inputs will be appreciated
What oxys are you taking? 80mg of IR or ER? I would assume ER based on the timeframes, but rather ask.

Thanks for the replies

Its Oxycontin, but i always chew them
In that case, I would Slowly remove a small amount from each dose you take throughout the day. For example, if you want to remove 20mg total, its much easier to remove 5mg from 4 separate doses than 20mg all at once.
Did you transition from using heroin at any point or have you only been using these?
Also, have you tried taking them without chewing them so they last a little longer? That may ultimately help with tapering down by stretching out the dosing needed.
I am getting ready to switch to these oxys myself very soon. I have 80mg and 60mg same as you.