Open Discussion Suggestion for Ecstasy discussion/Opiate Discussion

Renz Envy

Bluelighter
[Just realized the Ecstasy discussion section does cover other entactogens.)

I might also add that due to the amount of threads regarding opiates, it would be cool if there was an "opiate" discussion section. "Other drugs" would just be designated for the bajillion "uppers" and "downers".

Last edited:
That would be a great idea. Opiates would be a pretty large forum imo, if it was a forum.

It's been debated heavily before and the decision to not separate an Opioids Focus Forum out of Other Drugs has been made. In fact the current prefixes system was put in place instead the last time it was fully given the go about.

The primary arguments against are people who use opioids generally also use other downers and stimulants, and that the primary topics regarding opioids such as tolerance, dependance, addiction, bioavailability, injection, etc. also apply to a host of other drugs. In other words MDMA, psychedelics, and marijuana are all unique enough to deserve their own forums (or at least were as the site developed) but the rest are not (or at least are not right now).

Here is the thread you can read through.
Opinions Needed - Splitting Opiate Discussion Off From OD Into A New Forum

[Just realized the Ecstasy discussion section does cover other entactogens.)

Ecstasy Discussion (96 Viewing)
MDMA, MDA and closely related drugs

;)

OP did you have a specific thread that you may have been referring to that got closed? Or were you just making a general suggestion? I only ask because I wasn't able to catch the original version of the post.

;)

OP did you have a specific thread that you may have been referring to that got closed? Or were you just making a general suggestion? I only ask because I wasn't able to catch the original version of the post.

I was going to suggest that "Ecstasy Discussion' would incorporate other entactogens and not only MDMA. For obvious reasons in that "ecstasy" is more common than not, confused with other entactogens. I realized after posting that it was already there.

As some historical background, BL started as an ecstasy-focused forum: at one point we actually had two ecstasy forums (there was 'New to XTC' - yes, with that spelling) and 'Ecstasy Discussion', which had evolved from the more general 'Bluelight Discussion'. New to XTC turned into Basic Drug Discussion, and we gradually added other drug forums: first Other Drugs, which then split off Pscyh and Cannabis.

Obviously, that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to make changes, just explaining why things look the way they do :)

As some historical background, BL started as an ecstasy-focused forum: at one point we actually had two ecstasy forums (there was 'New to XTC' - yes, with that spelling) and 'Ecstasy Discussion', which had evolved from the more general 'Bluelight Discussion'. New to XTC turned into Basic Drug Discussion, and we gradually added other drug forums: first Other Drugs, which then split off Pscyh and Cannabis.

Obviously, that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to make changes, just explaining why things look the way they do :)

Ah, I see. Thanks for filling this newbie in :)