Requests Suggest a research topic

a good reason to have a thread instead of a study, preserve the anon

if the grammar in the last post is especailly fucked I edited it about 100 times and am burnt lol

Im going to try to make Rat ParK 2.0 by living on Burnaby Mountain as a drug war Refugee.

Hamstervan.

I dont need a study, just a thread.

I was hoping to start it today, but camping gear and two zone ticket on top of the raingear,

going to try to stay anon, not obsessively though

I could can the expensive bus ticket and live on the mountain till I run out of money, then go downtown for the tasty morsels

I really need a bus ticket to pull it off, eat dowtwon or else I will just make a huge mess and get eaten by bears

Im afriad to solo camp anywhere near downtown, not that I think Ill lget attacked, just too weird lol

Ok I cant say Im not at all afraid, the idea of stanley park scares me atm, but im high on strong weed atm
Drug Refugee Landrew you are able to create a thread anytime you want. I would consider Drug Culture.. just click on your desired subform and on the yellow create thread button.. and have at it. Consider bringing a fun attractive drug refugee partner that runs slower than you to the mountain.. won't have to worry as much about loneliness or bears.

Look forward to reading your thread.

Last edited:
Gang stalking as a phenomena in amphetamines users would be a good thing to study. What is it about the drug to trigger such a specific delusion in such a population? And even trigger the activities of “gang stalking” in the very set of paranoid people who wind up in arms about their grandiose intruders?

Long term (two plus years) trial of the use of Dextroamphetamine as a treatment and eventual replacement for cocaine addiction.

My opinion is that prolonged treatment with reasonable therapeutic oral doses of dextroamphetamine would have significant benefits for cocaine addicts including voluntary reduced use, voluntary gradually increasing intervals in-between use leading to possible complete voluntary abstinence from cocaine. Significant increases in stability, control over and quality of life for people suffering from Cocaine use Disorder. But it takes a little time. I believe this will enjoy significant success with many different types of addicts and ROA's.

The acute dosing of amphetamine has been associated with priming effects for rats previously trained to self-administer cocaine. Acute administration of dextroamphetamine into the basolateral amygdala, in combination with conditioned cue presentation, to rats trained to self-administer cocaine has been shown to potentiate reinstatement of cocaine-seeking behavior.[11] Amphetamine infusion in the absence of conditioned cues failed to reinstate the extinguished response. The facilitation of conditioned-cue reinstatement produced by amphetamine was apparent only during the initial half hour of the test session. These results suggest that while acute administration of amphetamine may potentiate cocaine reinforcement, more chronic exposure to amphetamine does not.

Animal laboratory studies have demonstrated that sustained dextroamphetamine administration can attenuate the reinforcing effects of cocaine. Dextroamphetamine has been shown to produce dose-dependent reductions in cocaine self-administration in rats.[12] In monkeys, oral dextroamphetamine pretreatment decreased responding for a sweetened cocaine fluid.[13] Dextroamphetamine administered by slow intravenous infusion has been shown to decrease cocaine self-administration in rhesus monkeys in a dose-dependent manner, possibly by attenuating the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[14, 15] Further work with monkeys has suggested that continued treatment with dextroamphetamine may be necessary to produce a sustained reduction in the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[16] These preclinical data suggest that amphetamine administration must be of a sufficient dose and duration to affect cocaine reinforcement.

Human laboratory experiments have evaluated the effects of stimulant administration on models of cocaine self-administration. Initial studies investigated the possibility that stimulant treatment of cocaine-dependent patients would worsen cocaine craving and use. In a combination clinical trial and human lab study, Grabowski et al.[17] found that methylphenidate did not “prime” patients to use cocaine. Methylphenidate has been shown to be safe and not associated with increased cocaine craving or stimulant–related euphoria in the human lab.[18] Dextroamphetamine has been shown to be safe and well tolerated when co-administered with cocaine, and attenuates some of the subjective effects of cocaine.[19] Dextroamphetamine has also been shown to alter cocaine self-administration, most likely by altering the reinforcing effects of cocaine.[20] These human laboratory experiments support to potential utility of stimulant treatment of cocaine dependence.

dexamfetamine

-I already know this works and have seen it work on both Base and IV addicts.

-Combined with a patient outpatient, instead of an intensive outpatient, during which an addict receives counseling, life coaching and assistance in obtaining self set, self achieved goals, the over all positive out comes have the potential to be life changing. A transformation while they willingly and naturally transition from the hell of cocaine addiction to dextroamptherapy and work together a new life.

Someone needs to give this a deeper look and get ball rolling already.

Last edited:
It's a disorder of mind and behavior. Not the same as a disease, but addiction will kill an addict if they don't get treatment like any other disease.
I always stated this in rehab and the "brothers" told me I was wrong, bla bla bla, that it was my "illness speaking" hahaha. But recent studies and Dr. Gabor Maté(I love his work) say the same you just said, a disorder VERY SIMILAR to a disease but not a disease per se. I wasn't crazy then, haaaaa

Is drug addiction really a fucking DISEASE?

The current model is largely warped via partisan politics into a hard line "that individuals freedom has 100% nothing to do with their inability to deal with drugs" against "evil hobolos with meth rage gonna kill us all oh noes"

Last edited:
What are the long term impact of Buprenorphine.
From reading various existing research I know it impacts heart health as in increases blockages. And I know it results in a drop of testosterone.
But Im looking for more info on how it impacts energy levels.
Allso what drugs help when trying to taper or come off Bupe.
My tests and studies show that Dopamine boosters can help with tapering. Not just for bupenorphone but allmost any drug.
They say there is a price to pay for addiction. Its never a free ride.
That price is the impact taking drugs has on your dopamine.
And Im suprised to see that nobody talks about the use of Dopamine in helping people come off drugs.

What are the long term impact of Buprenorphine.
From reading various existing research I know it impacts heart health as in increases blockages. And I know it results in a drop of testosterone.
But Im looking for more info on how it impacts energy levels.
Allso what drugs help when trying to taper or come off Bupe.
My tests and studies show that Dopamine boosters can help with tapering. Not just for bupenorphone but allmost any drug.
They say there is a price to pay for addiction. Its never a free ride.
That price is the impact taking drugs has on your dopamine.
And Im suprised to see that nobody talks about the use of Dopamine in helping people come off drugs.

This is a very interesting concept. Please consider adding in what you’re specifically referring to as a dopamine booster.

If you read through this thread and get to the Radio Lab piece on the woman who was on a dopamine booster drug and her resultant gambling addiction, it presents a counter to this idea.

Nice post.. it’s complicated. When I look at it I still don’t see anything close to an easy answer.

If that link doesn’t work that thread is stuck in basic drug discussion.. it’s pretty much the only sticky there.
Edit:fixed the link

Last edited:
This is a very interesting concept. Please consider adding in what you’re specifically referring to as a dopamine booster.

If you read through this thread and get to the Radio Lab piece on the woman who was on a dopamine booster drug and her resultant gambling addiction, it presents a counter to this idea.

Nice post.. it’s complicated. When I look at it I still don’t see anything close to an easy answer.

If that link doesn’t work that thread is stuck in basic drug discussion.. it’s pretty much the only sticky there.
Edit:fixed the link
Nice to see somebody is interested.
Have made some progress into the energy issue. Im just not sure there is any easy drug that can be purchased from a chemist that can help with this.
I quit smack and chasing the dragon in the early 80s. Was helping others quit since the 80s. using Bupe. MAT and bupe as a treatment option only started in 2010 in my country.
On a side note Im involved in helping Parkinson's patients.
I see how they react to various drugs. I also see how they react to changes in drugs.
These are my familly members.
One time I saw something that blew my mind. I saw a Parkinson's patient go thru something which is 10x the cold turkey or coming off mainlining heroin on a 5 year habit. This was some next level stuff. Their brains rest to age 10. They started reliving the worst moments of their life. As my dad is a Vet his involves fire.
The restlessness. Now imagine having that and you cant even change your body position. Because you cant control your body. So you need somebody changing your position 18 hours a day ever 2 minutes. I used Hypnosis and guided breathing exercises to help. Funny thing. This same family member saw me thru multiple cold turkeys. 40 years back.

Figured out that brain was experiencing DWS or Dopamine Withdrawal the symptoms were so uncanny if it was not a family member I would have thought they were heroine addicts.
Had to figure out what meds had been changed on them. Then had to get their dopamine levels up fast.
Doctors haven't a clue what was going on they were just fighting about whose prescription was better. Not addressing the key issue. They basiclly told me to take them home from the ICU.
Because they were screaming so much and no sedative was working on him.
So when I started to tape Bupe I worked with the same meds and saw a huge improvement.
Problem like with any drug is you know your going to need to use it at some point. The sooner you start the sooner it stops working on you. So I stopped messing with it. 10 years from now I may really need it if I develop Parkinson's and it will not work. I tried a few drugs. I did 3 days on and 3 days off.

Again Im shocked the experts have not seen the connection between drug abuse and dopamine. I also did some work on Serotonin and I don't think it plays a part.
Right now I'm trying to crack the low energy problem. I thought it was testosterone levels but its not. Its something else.
Meanwhile my Dr keeps hounding me to cut my dose why ?. Harm reduction. ?.
I had a friend who they tapered to fast. He went into deep depression. Relapsed and ODs on his first shot
This year the guidelines have been updated in the USA on tapering. So I guess in about 10 years it will hit my country.

Last edited:
How about a look into how Drug Rehab centers are dominating search results on specific drugs. There is a potential conflict of interest that could lead to scaremongering and other problems. I suspect the bigger issue is the DEA ect, which is where the bad scary info really originates from.

For example google [p2p meth]

edit: that one turned out to be a bit of pattern breaker, this article was higher up than I realized and better. Not that I was expecting bad, just that this is pretty awesome:

It is obvoiusly drowned out by corrupt SEO, but at least there is something to drown out on this one, usually its all treatment center / .gov answers

Last edited:
Nice to see somebody is interested.
Have made some progress into the energy issue. Im just not sure there is any easy drug that can be purchased from a chemist that can help with this.
I quit smack and chasing the dragon in the early 80s. Was helping others quit since the 80s. using Bupe. MAT and bupe as a treatment option only started in 2010 in my country.
On a side note Im involved in helping Parkinson's patients.
I see how they react to various drugs. I also see how they react to changes in drugs.
These are my familly members.
One time I saw something that blew my mind. I saw a Parkinson's patient go thru something which is 10x the cold turkey or coming off mainlining heroin on a 5 year habit. This was some next level stuff. Their brains rest to age 10. They started reliving the worst moments of their life. As my dad is a Vet his involves fire.
The restlessness. Now imagine having that and you cant even change your body position. Because you cant control your body. So you need somebody changing your position 18 hours a day ever 2 minutes. I used Hypnosis and guided breathing exercises to help. Funny thing. This same family member saw me thru multiple cold turkeys. 40 years back.

Figured out that brain was experiencing DWS or Dopamine Withdrawal the symptoms were so uncanny if it was not a family member I would have thought they were heroine addicts.
Had to figure out what meds had been changed on them. Then had to get their dopamine levels up fast.
Doctors haven't a clue what was going on they were just fighting about whose prescription was better. Not addressing the key issue. They basiclly told me to take them home from the ICU.
Because they were screaming so much and no sedative was working on him.
So when I started to tape Bupe I worked with the same meds and saw a huge improvement.
Problem like with any drug is you know your going to need to use it at some point. The sooner you start the sooner it stops working on you. So I stopped messing with it. 10 years from now I may really need it if I develop Parkinson's and it will not work. I tried a few drugs. I did 3 days on and 3 days off.

Again Im shocked the experts have not seen the connection between drug abuse and dopamine. I also did some work on Serotonin and I don't think it plays a part.
Right now I'm trying to crack the low energy problem. I thought it was testosterone levels but its not. Its something else.
Meanwhile my Dr keeps hounding me to cut my dose why ?. Harm reduction. ?.
I had a friend who they tapered to fast. He went into deep depression. Relapsed and ODs on his first shot
This year the guidelines have been updated in the USA on tapering. So I guess in about 10 years it will hit my country.

The people researching addiction are certainly aware of dopamine.

What I would consider using to treat the fatigue is exercise. I know and if you ever run into the sick freak that decided exercise should be a cure for fatigue let them have an extra one from me. When I was facing a chronic illness I had severe fatigue it was terrible.

My take is either stabilize on the replacement therapy or dump it.. you have been in this for a long time so have plenty of experience and wisdom.. tapering is misery and may be linked to your fatigue.

Exercising causes both the creation and regulation of neurotransmitters. This is a huge weapon against paws and also against addiction. IMHO the function of opiate replacement therapy is to provide a medication that replaces the opiate and stabilizes the patient’s physical dependence. Tapering creates a prolonged state of biological dystopia.

I hope you find the answers and relief!!

I wondered if it were possible to do a drug study of semi psychoactive drugs such as Phenylephrine and there effects and to see what the effects of what hypothetical analogs would have on a person. Which would include hypothetical analogs of Phenylephrine. Such as 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylphenylephrine. Just to see if it were to be Psychoactive. I don't know if it would work, but it would be interesting if it did.