• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

sudden hydrocodone rage

sillypacer

Greenlighter
I'm 50 yrs old and have been prescribed 10/325 hydrocodone 4 a day for two years~ the last two weeks I've begun to have horrible rage attacks and am pretty much miserable all the time emotional when I take th hydro but it's not your average 'miserable person' feeling~ lol~ it is DEFINATELY not normal and absolutely feels like opioid rage I've started reading about~ so I do feel better emotionally when I do NOT take them but of course then I have horrible pain and most likely withdrawal~ my question is will this rage reaction ever go away or is it something that once your chemicals react with the hydrocodone that way you can never take it again? even just taking a half of a 7.5 this morning I'm immediately feeling the rage and did not have it when I woke up at 7am~ and I know I could call my Dr but then he might pull my meds and not sure what his protocol for that is so~~~>ugh My plan today is to try and not take them like normal and only in halves if I absolutely HAVE to but does this rage reaction go away after you've stopped taking them awhile to where you could take them again like in the beginning? Will I never be able to take them again without this kind of reaction? Hoping I'm explaining myself to where yall can understand my questions?

If you find hydrocodone makes you angry, then it won't just go away if you keep taking it, no.

I meant if once hydrocodone is stopped can it ever be taken again without that type of reaction or is that a permanent kind of thing that's developed ~ meaning months or years later trying it as a pain med again~

Hydro turns me into a giant dick, but most opioids do for some reason though. But anyways yeah it won't go away if you keep taking it, similar to how alcoholics still get drunken rages often even after years of daily drinking.

Perhaps you should try a different opioid, such as oral morphine. Hydrocodone and oxycodone seem to have more stimulating effects than plain morphine or morphine derivatives.

thank you for responding and yeah they pretty much turn into a monster of a bitch~ is not my nature at all ... gonna hafta stop them for sure~

I often have irritability issues with opioids. Nootropics are really helpful for me (racetams, noopepet). I don't think they will help in chronic use, and I don't know about strong rage symptoms but good luck

never been prescribed hyrdros, but I've noticed opiates in general make me an emotional mess. Sometimes rage, sometimes tears. Sometimes I'll be fine, feeling good and then something sets me off and I can't calm down- usually start some shit.

Only thing that helps, and would not recommend personally especially not long term is mixing with benzos. If you do this expect to black out, forget entire days(if you take enough) and be really sleepy as a side effect, as well as a whole list of additional side effects.

Really sorry to hear about your situation, can't say personally what I would do in your situation but I would think alternative pain management/treatments are going to be necessary. Could try talking to your doctor but they will probably just change your prescription or prescribe more drugs.

Back when I used to take a lot of hydro I found that it would cause me to get really mad at random things. Usually just insane frustration that appears at the drop of a hat say if someone is walking too slow or something like that. Maybe ask them to switch your med? I havent had that issue with other opiates.

Opiates by and large will make you moody and before long very depressed. That's just the nature of the beast. But as far as short term use goes hydro gives me temper problems while oxy does not.