• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sudafed Questions

bipolar-sunshine

Bluelighter
So Sudafed is a stimulant right? So does it contain any recreational value on it's own? I haven't researched much about it but I'm wanting to know more as my curiosity is raging today and I'm feeling a little lazy due to my depression. :(

Anyone have any input?

(I hope this is in the right spot, feel free to move if it isn't!)

Yes it is a stimulant but IMO not the fun kind unless uneasy raciness is your thing. Some people seem to like it but I don't know many that enjoy this one-except for cooking purposes-and that changes everything.

I used to take one of the 12 hour pills and caffeine when I needed to be more productive at work. It was decent for the task and did lift my mood a but but I think over time this along with other things contributed to some headache problems Ive developed. I also have chronic allergies so the fact that it treated those may have been what lifted my mood as well.

Is caffeine recreational? I suppose, but not really in the way we usually mean here on bluelight. Same answer for pseudoephedrine.

It's not recreational per say I don't think, but people do use it as a stimulant/nootropic. A classmate of mine in college used to take it while studying for tests, he said it would give him a sharp mind for the tests kept him awake. Not sure what dose caused this effect. It doesn't get you high though, and too much of it may be dangerous. I have no personal experience to say what it does though, but I read some stuff on Erowid indicating it does do something as well. Not sure what other than it being a stimulant.