• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Success with light bulb vaporizer (but a question!)

TheAppleCore said:
You'd think it'd be worth another try... but this is the second time I've tried using a light bulb, and it just doesn't work for me. Yes, I made sure I shook the weed about; yes, I made sure I toasted it thoroughly; and yes, I made sure that the device was constructed with totally airtight seals.

Light bulb vaped weed just doesn't get me high, man... what can I say? :\

I believe you friend. Are you a regular (everyday) smoker? I've actually never vaped while being a regular smoker. Only as a n00b!!

I wonder what it would be like now? But from your results I probably shouldn't try!

On another note... I always hated the taste of vaped weed. Fresh bong hits for me. Does anyone agree?

Vaped just tastes weird... like unnatural... but if it's safer... I guess we have to sacrafice... lol

*BUMP*

I know, I know, this thread is awfully old, but...I JUST MADE MY FIRST LIGHTBULB VAPORIZER! =D *does a little happy dance for self*

I've procrastinated about this since I saw this thread months ago...lulz

*sad panda*

I have no camera, as I always spend the money I would use for such on the things I actually need and the rest usually goes to ganja and E.

I just used a 100w lightbulb, 2 pieces of plastic tubing, 20oz bottle lid, and electrical tape. Works great, and I was amazed at how little it took to get high.

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to buying a camera...

I hope I'm not totally outta line here, but. Doesn't it feel a little greasy smokin' weed out of a lightbulb? I'm aware your unable to smoke otherwise but for others? Is it because it gives you a better high or something?

so i tried to build a new one yesterday
while i was trying to take out the bulb parts
the bulb broke on me... good thing i had tissues covered first

anyone know if i should clear out the brown stuff stuck to the bulb parts?

I hope I'm not totally outta line here, but. Doesn't it feel a little greasy smokin' weed out of a lightbulb? I'm aware your unable to smoke otherwise but for others? Is it because it gives you a better high or something?

Definitely gives a different high imo. I'd much rather get a real vape though.

One benefit is that there's almost no smell from it, except on your breathe.

so i tried to build a new one yesterday
while i was trying to take out the bulb parts
the bulb broke on me... good thing i had tissues covered first

anyone know if i should clear out the brown stuff stuck to the bulb parts?

You want nothing brown/green/whatever-color inside the bulb. It needs to be completely hollowed out. Also, if it has the white inner coating like most bulbs, pour salt inside the bulb and shake around until the glass is clear. The whole idea of a vaporizer is a healthier way to get high, so you definitely want to make sure there's nothing unhealthy about your piece.

I'm surprised with how well the one I made this morning works.

Much love,
stonedandrolling89

Any suggestions for getting the end opened to take out the insides? I always have a hard time with it and either give up or end up asking someone to do it for me. :(

When i was younger i smoked like this for a year. Using a reg lighter for plant material didnt burn right. I used a 9in long about the size of a pringles can, butane torch that had to be lit with the sparks not the trigger lol. Anyway the smoke is harsh but u get ripped off a tiny bit.

I just showed my friend how to do this bc he was curious. Take a hacksaw or serated steak knife. I usually use a steak knife but for a nicer cut us a hacksaw. From where the metal starts by the end where the.black dot is. Measure 1-2cm up and just start cutting. Its alluminum it cuts pretty easy. I put a towel over the bulb and hold it. In case the bulb breaks from putting too much pressure on it when your cutting the end off, your hand will b protected. Now you will notice its still not hollow after u get the aluminun off.. Use something shaped like a bic pen, just a sturdy rod, i use the strak knife for this part. U basically just have to break the glass out. Push rod down hole and bend rod left to right and the glass will break. Clean it up to where its not sharp. Maybe put electrical or sports tape on end bc it will he not comfortable. Once its a hollow bulb. Its still got the white powder inside. Put a small amount of water + salt in there and shake and pour out. It will look completely clear now. Id repeat the rinse step a few times. Hollw out a bic pen put half way in lightbulb hole. Put in a pinch of herb.. now u have to hold the lightbulb with the bic pen in the hole kinda of like chop sticks. Light bottom of bulb, watch smoke spiral and inhale when its full. Its very time consuming but it works. Just be smart clean it, dull the edges with sandpaper ect....make sense ?