• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

success of quitting hard drugs but not cannabis vs. total abstinence

Btw I wanted to add that I used to be a chronic weed smoker. Since dabbling with other things (bad idea) I've absolutely lost interest in it last year finally. Chronic marjiuana use has no real side-effects and I'm growing bored of people trying to discover issues with the substance, but I can definitely assert that since I stopped smoking entirely it is way easier to increase your doses of other substances.

This can be due to marijuana often enhancing other substances so you don't need to take as much, or perhaps if you're looking for a high from anything whatsoever weed does satisfy that a tad. However, for sure it's going to be a bit harder to be abstinent if you cut out your marijuana use. Whether you relapse or not we cannot say. Alcohol is far more of a gateway drug than weed is in my opinion. Furthermore, a majority of addicts tend to replace on addiction for another. It's strategic to replace everything with weed.

It depends on the individual. As much as some say that it's total abstinence or nothing, I don't think that's the case for many. I know for me, weed does not make me crave other drugs at all, as it actually raises my inhibitions. I wish I hadn't started developing anxiety from weed (not always but enough that I only use it occasionally now when the time is right), I used to be able to smoke weed when I felt compelled to do other drugs and satisfy the urge. These days not so much so I have to just rely on willpower.