• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subuxone maintenance for kratom withdrawals?

belfort

Bluelighter
i have a buddy that is hooked to kratom, currently is using 30 grams daily AND a dose or two of poppy seed tea on top of it..he is desperate to quit but like many of us, he fears returning to 'normal' which means his baseline mood prior to drugs sucked..low mood, anxiety, anhedonia, very asocial and as well know kratom helps many of these issues but it comes with a price.. when you quiet you go through weeks or months of Paws which means every 'defect' you had prior to kratom is now magnified by 5!this guy is tapering but finding it difficult to just function at work, much less do much outside of it..he said he is thinking low dose subuxone maintenance just to get some energy, enthusiasm back to where he can straighten and change his life..i told him originally it was a terrible idea as subuxone for kratom is like going from using caffeine to crack..yet i thought back to when i kicked methadone and oxycontin, had i had to have went to work 40 hours a week i couldnt have done it so..

what does OG recommend this guy do?for those on subuxone meintenance, is it a fun, hapy way to live or are their huge drawbacks?ie the sub stops working as well or produces side effects..if it causes side effects, which ones?

suboxone is much more addictive (physically speaking). He will probably develop a stronger addiction to opioids if switching to suboxone.

I have done a sub taper then cold turkey and a fent taper then cold turkey. the sub WD was far worse

Yeah, do not take Buprenorphine for a Kratom addiction. It is shooting mice with cannons and totally not worth it.

Taking a very small dose of subs for 3 or 4 days to get over the worse would be practical but there's always the potential to get hooked on subs and they're nasty to come off of

Buprenorphine is probably not a good choice, as it is significantly more potent than Kratom...

Try to obtain some non-Opioid medications to help ease your withdrawal symptoms. Clonidine, Benzodiazepines, Gabapentinoids, Cannabis, Odansetron (Zofran); things like that.