• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Subutex

user4life2

Greenlighter
Been on Subutex 8 years. My dosage is Particularly high. 8mg 3xs daily. Also, from same doctors, who agreed this regimend was best 4 me, currently also on Klonipin 2mg 3xs daily for severe PTSD. Both doctors have said I may be on it 4 life since I'm using it as a pain reliever instead of opiates. I can't locate info about effects of long term use since it is a fairly "new-ish" drug. There's never been a so called "life long Subutex user". Thoughts? Info? Comments? Concerns ?

Last edited:
It isn't really "new-ish" William S Burroughs was being treated with it back in the UK in the late 1940's / early 1950's.

IMHO & speaking from a heroin user for 18 years ANY form of opiate used to kill pain is a bad thing, the addiction will crush you right down.
ANY doctor that said what you posted above I would walk away from very quickly while you still can.

Pardon, never used anything but sub strips, to try, but isn't that better then an alternative, or what is an alternative?

Also, if on those drugs, just a shot in the dark here, but, couldn't OP be in control of the weaning process. I mean, you don't have to be a lifer if you don't want to be,right? The doctor may figure out out of all the people on that combo, most stick with it.

OP is not a lifer.