• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex, Xanax, Breathing Problems & Conflicts with Other Meds.....

Sithtiger

Greenlighter
Hi, I've posted here before, here's the link. I'll go refresh a little. I've been taking Subutex since 2009. I break up (not crush) 2mg of buprenorphine into 4 quarters. I take one quarter 4 times a day. I did this for 5 years. So, I found that Xanax solved my problem. My, breathing issues are 95% better. I'm titrating off Xanax because I'm going back to school and I when I go back to work, I can't have Xanax in my system obviously. The doctor gave me gabapentin to replace Subutex, which works. I'm just not sure if it works well enough, we'll see. I'm having horrible memory problems going off Xanax. How can I stop or decrease my withdrawal effects (breathing issues)? Is there any homeopathic treatment or an OTC drug that could help with that? Also, can anyone tell me why buprenorphine clashes with most medications, even vitamins to a smaller degree?

Hi, I've posted here before, here's the link. I'll go refresh a little. I've been taking Subutex since 2009. I break up (not crush) 2mg of buprenorphine into 4 quarters. I take one quarter 4 times a day. I did this for 5 years. So, I found that Xanax solved my problem. My, breathing issues are 95% better. I'm titrating off Xanax because I'm going back to school and I when I go back to work, I can't have Xanax in my system obviously. The doctor gave me gabapentin to replace Subutex, which works. I'm just not sure if it works well enough, we'll see. I'm having horrible memory problems going off Xanax. How can I stop or decrease my withdrawal effects (breathing issues)? Is there any homeopathic treatment or an OTC drug that could help with that? Also, can anyone tell me why buprenorphine clashes with most medications, even vitamins to a smaller degree?
First of all give yourself a pat on the back. 2 mg maintenance dose is awesome. Stabilized for years it sounds like. Not doable for most people especially on Suboxone. Have you been taking other opioids from time to time recreationally? No real reason to ask other than curiosity, but even if you do the fact that you've been on that dose for 5 years is really good stability. So why fuck it up with Xanax? Maybe the answer is in the link...
vicodin to subutex huh? man that's something.
well I'm on bupe and I get w/ds on other opiates too, and like you mentioned I do have some rare days when the bupe just doesn't work like it should and I'm a bit withdrawaly. 2mg bupe is supposed to = like 15mg methadone. it is so damn strong.
I agree. Nobody believes me usually, so it's nice to meet somebody who shares that view.

so that is probably why you still had w/ds on the 'done. also -- high B/P is a withdrawal effect and bupe w/ds can easily last months, that doesn't surprise me.
RE the panic attacks ...have you tried other benzos? I find personally like klonopin and ativan don't do shit for me (the former having no perceivable effect and the latter being sedating and not at all anxiolytic) while valium is fantastic. maybe pregabalin? and most importantly maybe some good therapy. shortness of breath is a w/d effect too just so you know.
Shortness/shallowness of breath maybe the most common symptom of anxiety apart from sped up heart rate. Anxiety is a big part of stopping really anything that you've done for a long time.

I don't know of any over-the-counter or homeopathic drugs that would be able to do battle with Xanax. Is your Xanax prescribed? I don't know if you said but how long have you been taking it, what dose?