• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Subutex withdrawals and Tramadol, i got some questions

issaoldboi

Bluelighter
So, i kinda relapsed some 1.5weeks ago, had a bit of a binge with Subutex, and im familiar with the WD's since i used to be actually addicted and stuff too
and I know theres gonna be some withdrawals to be expected, but i got some stuff to do this week and cant rly afford feeling sick at all

So i got some Tramadol slow release 100mg's here from a buddy, I remember reading something about them being good for opiate withdrawals in smart amounts.
and i know theres some threads on this but not specific enough for my case from what i was trying to find out
SO my question is, wouldnt it be smart to pop some Tramadols for the next maybe 3-4 days or so to stave off the worst of the withdrawals and then baseline to completely without opioids in my system?

That¨s what im planning doing but I'd love to hear some thoughts and stuff if theres a smarter way to do this or whatever, all tips and tricks and info welcome please and thank you :)

oh sorry i miscalculated, this little binge has lasted a bit over two weeks it seems

I mean depending on how your body processes Tramadol it could be ok fr Subutex WD especially if it's only two weeks.
Have you done Tram before? For me personally it doesn't break down well and is super inconsistent as far as recreation and WD purposes.
As it's only been 2 weeks id recommend Kratom over Tramadol just bc one its easier to get and two ime its less addictive.

I mean depending on how your body processes Tramadol it could be ok fr Subutex WD especially if it's only two weeks.
Have you done Tram before? For me personally it doesn't break down well and is super inconsistent as far as recreation and WD purposes.
As it's only been 2 weeks id recommend Kratom over Tramadol just bc one its easier to get and two ime its less addictive.
where i live its basically impossible to get kratom :D im in finland hehe
but yeah i got some experience with tramadol, at some point kinda abused it too, for me usually it works pretty well in larger doses, would compare it to opioid micro dosing in smaller doses?
and yeah im on Sertraline but I havent noticed any negative combined effects, maybe theyr similiar in structure or something?

Tramadol is a partial opiate agonist and also works as a weak SNRI especially in large doses which leads to more serotonin being released on top of whatever other serotonin uptake/maoi/anti psychotic your taking. What dose of sertraline are you on? If it's not a large dose and it's just sertraline I doubt you'll risk serotonin syndrome. Make sure to take the two separately, i.e. take your sertraline at night and use the Tramadol during the day.

If you've had success in the past with it than I would say it's a decent drug for sub WD, obviously tapering with bupe would be ideal but tram should definitely help.

Tramadol is a partial opiate agonist and also works as a weak SNRI especially in large doses which leads to more serotonin being released on top of whatever other serotonin uptake/maoi/anti psychotic your taking. What dose of sertraline are you on? If it's not a large dose and it's just sertraline I doubt you'll risk serotonin syndrome. Make sure to take the two separately, i.e. take your sertraline at night and use the Tramadol during the day.

If you've had success in the past with it than I would say it's a decent drug for sub WD, obviously tapering with bupe would be ideal but tram should definitely help.
i just remember i got once prescribed 50mg tramadol a day for a bit over a week, the doctor knew i was on sertraline, so that combo should be fine right with that logic ?

im on 150mg sertraline which is more than the average dose i think

im also on olanzapine but that shouldnt affect that right?

i just remember i got once prescribed 50mg tramadol a day for a bit over a week, the doctor knew i was on sertraline, so that combo should be fine right with that logic ?

im on 150mg sertraline which is more than the average dose i think

im also on olanzapine but that shouldnt affect that right?
You should be fine, that's a low dose of sertraline, just take it at night or when you wake up and take the tramadol and sertraline as far apart as possible.
Olanzapine should be fine, but id avoid it while on the trams as they are strong tranqs and imo overwhelm the opiates when taken together. It can possibly potentiate opiates also but I think it makes the high dirty but that's me.

Yeah you're good! Just take the sertraline and trams far apart. Up to you if you want to use your olanzapine.

You should be fine, that's a low dose of sertraline, just take it at night or when you wake up and take the tramadol and sertraline as far apart as possible.
Olanzapine should be fine, but id avoid it while on the trams as they are strong tranqs and imo overwhelm the opiates when taken together. It can possibly potentiate opiates also but I think it makes the high dirty but that's me.

Yeah you're good! Just take the sertraline and trams far apart. Up to you if you want to use your olanzapine.
yeah i think pacing the trams and sertraline far apart is a good idea, i was getting some electric shocks last nite and i think it was due to those two synergizing in a bad way....

and yeah im gonna be taking olanzapine so that i can sleep but, i'll just reduce the dose, since if i dont do it all i cant sleep at all DDD:
but yeah, i appreciate ur feedback a lot my dude ! good thoughts and gave me some piece of mind regarding all this :D this site is sometimes a life saver ngl