• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex with naltrexone?

Catmom79

Greenlighter
Does anyone know what happens if someone on naltrexone takes subutex? I've googled but no luck.

In terms of what? Getting high?
You wouldn't feel the bupe if that's what you're asking. Kinda need more info.

The worst case scenario here would be simply not experiencing the effects of the Buprenorphine as the Naltrexone is a long-acting Opioid antagonist or "blocker". You don't need to be especially concerned here, as the only thing you will lose is the money spent on the Buprenorphine. Moving in the opposite direction, that is, taking Naltrexone or any other Opioid agonist like Naloxone, while under the influence of an Opioid agonist, will end the experience. If you are actually dependent upon Opioids, administering an Opioid agonist will produce powerful and immediate withdrawal known as Precipitated Withdrawal Syndrome.

You're right to ask questions, but in this instance you should not have anything to worry about.

Hey guys, I just realized I made a big mistake here. I got things reversed. Using Heroin following Buprenorphine will lead to a diminished effect whereas using Buprenorphine after Heroin can trigger precipitated withdrawal.

Last edited: