• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Subutex while on suboxone? HELP

H2ocean

Greenlighter
If I took suboxone this morning but was given subutex this afternoon will the suboxone block out any euphoria from the subutex I would potentially experience?

Hey, I replied to your comment in the "Any Advice Thread".

Suboxone & Subutex are basically the same thing, except Suboxone has naloxone in it.
But the main ingredient is buprenorphine. It is buprenorphine that gives you withdrawals from other opioids, not naloxone.

Naloxones binding affinity is not strong enough to displace buprenorphine.
And even if it were, it would only stay bound for an hour at most. So it would not interfere with something taken later in the day.

Did you feel any euphoria from the Suboxone? Cause chances are, if you didn't feel it from Suboxone, you won't feel it from Subutex either. Especially if you're already at a high dose like 8mgs of Suboxone.

As the above poster said, they're the same exact drug. Suboxone does have naloxone in it, but buprenorphine (the drug they both are) has a higher affinity for the receptor so the naloxone does nothing whatsoever and is likely just in there either so they an say "it's abuse proof" or so they could patent it. Anyway, being that they're the same drug, there will be no difference in how you react to them.