• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

subutex VS suboxone

SugarHill

Greenlighter
ok, so i KNOW, that subutex contain no nalaxone, naltraxone, narcan, etc....and suboxone does contain the antagonist... However, i was told that even bupe alone acts as a partial antagonist and that you cant use dope on subutex either because the bupe itself is a blocker.... is this true?? or can u get high while still on subutec??

ive used both while in jail and as far as i can tell there is no difference at all between the 2 apart from suboxone tastes of lemons when you sniff it and subbutex doesnt. oh yeah... the lemon one has a blocker there but its just to say its there rather than to actually do anything as bupe is a (partial?) blocker in its own right so in answer to your q yes subby is a blocker and if you have heroin after its most times a waste of money unless your feeling bad allready it aint worth bothering, funnily enough im asking a similar q about subs and methodone as im a bit stuck atm

@k88ABY ... wat did u say to ur doctor to get subutex instead of suboxone? or u just gettin em on the street?

When i started maintenance w sub i tried to get Tex. I just asked if i could have it because I had used it AND sub before, but said the sub made me sick.....didnt work! But i've been fortunate to try the Tex a few times, bitter taste but better then the orange. Small amounts really seemed potent!

The naloxone in Suboxone does nothing in real terms, it's a pharmaceutical company ploy.. buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, so will never feel quite the same as a full agonist, but less is more with it really - keep upping your dose doesn't up the effects in the same way. Also, at <2mg doses more is converted to norbuprenorphine with is a full agonist so you can actually get more from low doses providing your tolerance allows it.

Naloxone has a lower receptor affinity than buprenorphine, so it doesn't have any effect. It can be used in bupe ODs at very high doses, but in terms of Suboxone vs Subutuex you can ignore it entirely. Some people seem to find naloxone gives them a headache; not seen any research on this but it's mentioned on BL a few times. Could be fact, could be myth.

Bupe does block other opioids due to it's high receptor affinity (basically clings onto the opioid receptors more, and kicks off other opioids too which is why you get precipitated withdrawals, alongside the fact that it is only a partial not full agonist - so it kicks off the full agonist opioids and replaces them with a partial one, putting you into insta-withdrawal if you are physically dependent). You need 24-48hrs really to feel other opioids again - sometimes a good 72 hours. Any sooner and you may get effects but they are likely to be greatly reduced.

thanx effie... thats the EXACT answer i was looking for... so basically the naloxone is just bullshit... i always thought THAT was the chemical that had the high receptor affinity... thanx for clearin that up

^ no probs :) naloxone does have a pretty high affinity, it works in overdoses by kicking the opioids off the receptors (it is an opioid antagonist) but buprenorphine's is even higher.

wow just joined this is a topic im genuinely interested in so many people don't get that the 2 mgs of naloxone is a ploy this was written 4 years ago but any way u happen to read this hit me up id love to talk about a couple things \