• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex taken with kratom

Jackalope-eye

Greenlighter
I'm new to using kratom. Been taking subutex for a few years. A friend suggested kratom so I bought krave brand (maeng da). If I'm taking 8mg daily of bupenorphine, how much kratom should I take for effect. And is the green strand best? I've read that the red kratom works better as an opiode?

Kratom is an interesting plant that has different effects at different doses. Smaller doses cause stimulation and larger doses cause minor sedation. I prefer green vein over red or white, but only because its a perfect middle ground for me. I would advise starting at 3g and see how that affects you. I wouldnt go any higher than 6 or 7g because at that point, youre wasting your kratom. I have taken the same dosages of kratom twice a day every day for 2 years and have never needed to increase my dosage. I take 2.75g in the morning, and 3.75g in the evening. Just try a small amount, 2 or 3g, and figure it out from there. Your kratom will be potentiated by the buprenorphine, so start low.

Take it on an empty stomach, but make sure youre well hydrated. Also, dont redose for several hours because it does not have a good additive effect on itself.