• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Subutex Question

BostonScott6911

Greenlighter
I have been on Subutex for 3 weeks now and currently am prescribed 2000 mgs a day I think (2 large white circle pills which are 800 each and 2 small circle white pills which are 200 each) Not sure why I felt I needed to add that but I'm not sure if it's 2000 mgs or 200 mgs but anyway a Subutex user will know what I mean.....my question is I no longer get the high I was getting my first couple weeks of dosing and I'm curious if snorting them will have a better effect or if it is a waste if time? I heard shooting them is good and I even heard they can be smoked but I just want someone who really knows what they are talking about to help let out....Thanks

Hey Scott, I just answered your question on the New Member Introduction thread, this would be better suited to Other Drugs , and I'm not experienced with subutex but the dosage you have must be 2mgs 2000/200 mg is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dose, no chance that a pill has such a dosage in it :)) I'll ask a mod to move this to Other Drugs, although it may seem a "how to get high" thread but I will leave that decision to them. have a nice day and welcome again. and as jess said shooting pills is dangerous because of the fillers and maybe you would want to look into some micron filters if you really don't care about the risks.

Well you're definitely not on 2000mg a day, and 200mg a day is only a little less crazy implausible. Presumably you're on 20mg, subutex does come in 2mg and 8mg pills, 20mg is a fairly normal kind of dose, and your explanation makes complete sense as soon as you assume you've somehow mistakingly added 2 or 3 extra zeros somehow.

Assuming you've been using the same dose this whole time, then you've simply become dependant on your current dosage which is why you aren't experiencing the fun opiate feeling anymore. I doubt snorting it will help much. Increasing the speed at which it enters your system can make the drug more enjoyable, but your still tolerant to the dose you're used to taking.

In short, shooting or snorting "might" make it feel a little better, but really the primary problem is your body is tolerant to 20mgs. I must strongly advise against shooting, tablets are really bad for shooting, and you're not likely to get much benefit. Worse still, even assuming you have limitless access to the subutex and can increase your dose, you probably don't have long before you reach the ceiling dose and won't get any more benefit from taking more. And because of how subutex works, you're unlikely to feel anything from any other opiates you take while you're on it either.

I think you gotta ask yourself why you're taking subutex to start with. Is it to get off other opiates? To avoid withdrawal? If you wanna keep getting high, staying on subutex every day is probably not gonna be feasible.

It's your body and your choice to make, the point of bluelight is to provide you with accurate information so you can make an informed decision and use drugs as safely as possible if you're not ready to stop, and to provide an atmosphere of support. To that end, i don't think shooting or snorting your subutex will make it feel much better if it's still the same overall dosage. And ultimately buprenorphine (the active drug in subuxone and subutex) has a ceiling dose which means you can only keep increasing the dosage so far before you stop experiencing additional effects. In the long run you probably can't keep getting high the way you want with subutex. And if you combine it with other opiates the drug will likely prevent the other opiates from working, or worse, risk sending you into withdrawal. Not to mention the possible health risks.

I wanna mention again that shooting pills is very bad for your health in the long term. Much more so than shooting say, heroin as far the health of your lungs and circulatory system goes.

It comes down to what you want in the long run, and why you're taking subutex to start with. If you wanna keep getting high and aren't ready to stop, subutex might make that quite difficult. If you wanna keep using but just don't wanna have to real with getting sick all the time, methadone might be a better choice.

I hope any of this post has been helpful, I'm sure you'll get some more advice from others here too soon as one of the admins moves this post to other drugs or basic drug discussion or something. Good luck man. :)

Last edited: