• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex Help

BostonScott6911

Greenlighter
I have been on Subutex for 3 weeks now and currently am prescribed 20 mgs a day (2 large white 8 mg pills and 2 small white pills which are 200 each) Not sure why I felt I needed to add that lol but anyway .....As a longtime heroin user I chose to start Subutex treatment as a way of removing dope from my life and from what I heard it is a better alternative to methadone and has certain benefits over Suboxone. After 3 weeks of daily use,I no longer get the high I was getting my first couple weeks of dosing and it is causing dope cravings to come and go much more frequently and I'm curious if snorting them will have a better effect or if it is a waste of time? I know I've heard people say shooting subs was good but I am not even going to entertain that thought. I even heard they can be smoked but I just was hoping a fellow addict with some experience with Subutex (not Suboxone) can tell me if snorting them will get me the buzz I was at first getting or do they have to be dissolved under the tongue specifically for it to work?...Thanks

P.S Was wondering if 20 mgs a day is considered a high dose or if it is on the lower end of the dosage scale? Lol my girl is on Methadone and likes to point out if I nod out once in a while and tell me my dose is too high but I know it's due to long work days and sleep deprivation and I just want someone to clear the air right here !! Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this much appreciated ???

Hello, please have a little patience and don't start new threads about this subject that you already started on Homeless Threads, I pm'd a mod to move your thread to OD so you will get more answers and you will take the smart decision :D Until then please stop making a new thread in every subforum and wait until the original posts gets moved. Thanks and have a nice day! P.S: Please decide on which thread you want to keep, this one from BDD or the one from Homeless which will be moved more likely and please delete the one that it's in plus.

Hey there my friend and welcome to the community! It's always a pleasure to run into a fellow mass hole here on Bluelight, as we are typically much smarter than the peons who live outside of our periphery ;) Did you begin maintenance with the intention of getting your life back on track or did you start maintenance as some kind of stop-gap to enable you to get high and have the ability to abort when needed? If you are trying to repair your life, insufflating your medication in the attempt to catch a buzz will not only not get you high, but will reinforce the same addictive behavior that got you to this place. Sorry, the truth can hurt. If you feel you need to snort your subs, then you simply aren't ready to get clean. No judgement, but that's the breaks.

The pharmaceutical industry makes a killing by getting addiction maintenance patients on ridiculously high dosages of Buprenorphine, so they definitely tell both addicts and prescribers that high dosages are required. I was a rather heavy user of Heroin for over a decade; about 2g of brown Heron from Lawrence, MA and I could be made well by approximately 4mg Buprenorphine every time. Try that on for size. And, as a matter of fact, Buprenorphine's activation of the Mu receptor begins to antagonize itself in higher dosages. Mu receptor activation is the "feel good" receptor and by using unnecessarily high-dosages, you are actually making the medication less effective. Tell your prescriber "shame on you" and read this nifty article in the process.

Big pharma got rich as fuckin Scrooge McDuck getting us addicted to drugs that WERE KNOWN TO BE UTTERLY ADDICTIVE and now they're getting rich by selling drugs at high. retail prices to former users for a further huge profit. It is absolutely disgusting and proof of the inherent greed and malevolence that exist in every human being.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12665117