• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex and Norco Suggested By Clinic Counselor

The fatigue gets better with time. Some of the vitamin supplements noted in the Thomas recipe can help increase energy levels. After the worst of it, best way to increase energy levels is actually exercise. I know it seems impossible to even think about moving right now but the more you can move around the better. Sitting and waiting for it to pass makes it feel like an eternity. Knock yourself out with benzos if you don't have other commitments then the rest of the time do your best to distract yourself from focusing on the symptoms so it goes by quicker. Go for a walk, do some light stretching, and take lots of hot showers/baths. If you're willing to try a bit of visualization imagine the water cleansing you, washing all the pain and fatigue and sickness down the drain and out of your body.

It will eventually get easier and once you get through the physical symptoms the rest is really dependant on your mental approach. The better your outlook the more successful you will be. You can do this. If you need to go back to the clinic it's not a failure. Anything that makes your chances of success higher is a positive thing. Hang in there!

Hiya Jay whatever you do please don't mix norco and subs, you will cause yourself to go into precipated withdrawls. If you took 8mg yesterday and 12mg sub today, and skip tomorrow you would be fine for a couple days, sub half life is approx 36hours. You probably should research a little about the subs, but please dont mix norco with it. If you are on subs for pain then you need to let them know it isn't holding you but if you are on the subs for maintainence it may take a few doses to get you stabilized. I know that tagamet and benadryl potentiate the subs, never had success though for me. Anyway hope you are doing ok, hang in there, fondly, bono

Hey bud hope all is well these days, just wanted to point out OP is talking about subutex & not suboxone...precipitated w/d should be eliminated from equation if nalox isn't present , correct? I had to re read I'm like there's no way they were told norcos if on subs lol

From my understanding it is not the naloxone that causes precipitated withdrawal but the buprenorphine. Because of its high affinity at opiod receptors sites and it's partial agonism it replaces the full agonist all at once catapulting the user into precipitated withdrawal. The naloxone in suboxone is very poorly absorbed orally and is there to prevent users from injecting it where the bioavailability of it is 100%. Once on any form of buprenorphine you will not experience precipitated withdrawals when taking a full agonist as the receptors are already saturated with buprenorphine. On doses higher than 4mg of buprenorphine/day, most people cannot feel the effects of full agonists because of the blocking effect of buprenorphine, not naloxone. When taking less than 4mg of buprenorphine/day some can feel full agonists as the blocking effects of the buprenorphine are less. Either way if you're on buprenorphine for detox/maintenance it is not useful to your recovery to take other opioids, regardless of ability to feel them or not.

Also wanted to ask and see if anyone knows...I also want to come off my benzo's after I fully detox from opiates. I am prescribed to take up to 4mg a day of Klonopin. Been on that script for a little over 3 years. I've heard, but don't know for sure, that it is easier to cold turkey from Xanax than Klonopin??? Does anyone know if there is any supporting evidence to this? (I know going cold turkey from any benzo can be extremely dangerous). If so, I was wanting to talk to my Dr about switching me to the Xanax until I pass through my Norco detox and then tapering way down on the Xanax until I'm comfortable just going cold turkey. It's important to me to come off everything as my husband and I would really love to have a child...and while I'm in no way judging anyone that is pregnant and on methadone treatment or what have you, I just can't do that. I want to be totally clean and have my body and mind in really good shape before we have children. I know that right now, I'm pretty much at the very, very early stages of getting myself clean...but I really want to do this and do this right. So, if anyone knows a fair amount of information about benzo's, I'd really appreciate your input. Just to add, I was pretty bad on Xanax when I was in college...taking like 4-6 bars a day for about 4 years. I totally cold turkey quit and I do remember having serious WD symptoms but it wasn't as bad as now when I try to come off my Klonopin. If I don't at least take a 2mg every 2-3 days, I go into major WD symptoms. I'd like to be able to come off everything on my own and not have to enter a full rehab center, but is that the only safe way?