• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex and marijuana??

PandaVii

Bluelighter
I'm currently on 2mgs of buprenorphine a day and wanted to eat an eatable. Has anyone mixed subutex with marijuana before and is it safe??

Weed is safe with pretty much everything but that doesn't mean 'edibles' are a good idea for you if you aren't experienced with weed.

And apparently edibles aren't like smoking the buds in terms of the high.
Its not THC but rather 11-hydroxymetabolite or some shit and gets processed in the liver comes out 4-5X more potent so be careful and it won't kick in 100% until 1.5-2.5 hours pass at least.

DO NOT EAT, WAIT 30 MINUTES AND SAY FUCK I DONT FEEL IT AND EAT MORE YOULL REGRET IT TEST THE WATERS SAFELY

Oh lol I live in Colorado and my bf grows marijuana for the despinsarys around here, I usually take dabs, I'm pretty experienced with weed, it's the buprenorphine I'm not to familiar with. And I looked it up online and it said not to take buprenorphine with any scheduled 1 drugs, that it can cause chest depression, coma, and death. But I personally don't think weed should be a schedule 1 drug

I did make that mistake with eatables one time, I ate a brownie from the despinsary (which are usually super potent) and didn't realize it didn't kick in right away so like 10 minutes later i ate another one, when it kicked in two hours later i seriously regretted my life. I had the worst panic attack of my life, laying on the floor crying cuz I was convinced my life was officially over.

it shouldn't have said schedule 1 drugs on that site, that's a bit misinformative, just don't take any depressants, which includes alcohol, and if you have anxiety medicines you shouldn't take those either (that's if they're benzodiazepines). Zoloft will weaken the effects of opiates but I'm not sure if it would actually make buprenorphine less effective as an addiction treatment, but you're doctor would know, just saying in case you're self medicating or something. Weed is safe with anything really, don't worry about a thing. And you're right, marijuana shouldn't be a sch. 1 drug

I wish I was going to a doctor for my bupe maybe I'd know more about it, I'm just going to the methadone clinic and they barley tell you shit. But thank you for that response that helped me out a lot, I feel a lot better now. I appriciate it

I'm not going to say that this is 100% definitive, because, what is in life? - but in general, Cannabis is simply not a harmful substance. You can consume as much as you want, with whatever you want, but that's not to say there aren't side effects. Edibles are "dangerous" if you will, for those who are not regular consumers because it is more difficult to titrate dose than with say, smoking a joint or a bowl, where one can take a small hit, a large hit, one hit, several hits and so on. With an edible, you won't feel effects for some time and could potentially consume too much.

This isn't a medically dangerous situation, but you can certainly have a full-on psychedelic trip from Cannabis overdose, which can be quite frightening if one is not prepared for it. I, and the medical community it would seem, encourage the use of Cannabis with Opioids to either reduce the amound of Opioids needed or to potentiate the current dosage. I can say for myself that Cannabis has a definite syngergy with most Opioids.

lol I do edibles because my lungs are already severely fucked up cuz I smoke like a train, I have my edibles cut into specific sizes which I know will give me a good high. My friends do dabs and I took a half gram dab one time and seriously went into a psychedelic trip like you were talking about, worst day of my entire life . But I'm very experienced in marijuana it's legal in my state and my bfs a grower. We have 12 plants growing at all times summer and winter grow. And we make our own dabs and edibles, I'm pretty educated in the art of THC . I was just concerned about the buprenorphine, I'm not doing so well with it as it is then the warning said not to smoke weed because it could stop my breathing but I didn't really believe it. Hence why I'm talking to you awesome people

Well, weed is opioid sparing, you could probably take a lower dose of each than you'd usually take and still be happy, just to see how you react.

When I was on pain meds, my doctor was also a MMJ doc, and he considered the two to be fine.

When I was one bupe to get off the pain meds, the bupe doc didn't care. But, I don't know how much I credit his opinion. I rolled into his office stoned, drunk, on heroin and benzos, several times, and he didn't blink an eye. But this was the crackhouse of all bupe clinics, aside from the fact that would kill a lot of people. Don't do that. I'm just stating my experience, and that the doc didn't care about the combo of bupe and pot, specifically.

I find the combination of bupe and MJ to be somewhat different than regular pain meds and pot. Edibles will have a greater body high and duration than dabs as well. GL....

Crackhouse of all bupe clinics ���������� oh my hahahaha