• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subs not showing up

mtop2036

Bluelighter
I know drug test questions are frowned upon here so I hope this isn't violating the rules. I apologise if I am.

I'm not asking how to pass a drug test, it's the opposite. I was just informed that I have multiple uas with no subs. So I'm on 1.25mg which is more than enough to show up. I take it everyday. I don't understand why this is happeningh. I mix my dose with a few drops of water. Could that cause it? I don't see how it could. I am quite worried that I may be getting kicked out over this.

Any ideas why?

If you are taking it in and getting the intended effect it should show up. Maybe request another test

Buprenorphine rarely shows up
in drug tests because of it's metabolism. Maybe find an internet reference and show the doctor? Or take a higher dose? Most labs do not even test for it

They do a specific test for where I get it from. Unfortunately they don't allow breaking up pills and want you to jump off at 2mg. I'm on less than that so maybe they test for a certain range and I'm under it. Could you show me a few reputable places that talks about it not showing up?

Very disappointing that I'm doing the right thing and am trying to get off but might be kicked out for this.

Yes most likely they are looking for metabolite levels to be higher then a certain point and you are just coming in below because either your personal metabolism is wonky and/or because you are taking less than they think you are.

OP, this is a really shitty situation that you've found yourself in and I don't want to rub it in excessively. I'm familiar with this phenomenon actually. Every once in a while, at the Methadone/Buprenorphine clinic, you will hear of a patient that consistently tests negative for metabolites with no apparent cause. It is a really serious problem obviously, as it can lead to folks being cut-off for what appears to be non-compliance.

The problem though, is that I don't believe that there is any way that we can truly be of help to you. We want to help and will do anything to help, but the problem at hand is truly between you, your Buprenorphine and the provider. There's not much that can be said from our remote position that would be of immediate benefit. I'm not saying this to be a dick, I just want you to actually get started in directing your efforts into a useful outcome.

I know drug test questions are frowned upon here so I hope this isn't violating the rules. I apologise if I am.

I'm not asking how to pass a drug test, it's the opposite. I was just informed that I have multiple uas with no subs. So I'm on 1.25mg which is more than enough to show up. I take it everyday. I don't understand why this is happeningh. I mix my dose with a few drops of water. Could that cause it? I don't see how it could. I am quite worried that I may be getting kicked out over this.

Any ideas why?

You need a quantitative serum analysis and I strongly suggest you contact the manufacturer of this drug, any kind of advocate or find journal articles in a recognized publishing to support this phenomenon as urine is cheap and easy to measure and just because blood is more complicated and charged at higher rate, there is no reason at all to compromise your health.

The doctor is typical, just goes the standard, probably wont be helpful, a blood test is the way to go.

If you pay for it yourself and offer ur then you will be more likely to be noticed, dont wait around for them to go the extra mile.

I'm very cynical about medicos, it's my industry and totally about profit.

Also the lab could well have fucked up, . It's all automated, the have to run regular quality titrations so mention this and make sure the lab has been questioned.

Urine has a manual step in the process, people fuck it up all the time, drug tests that don't detect drugs are usually a preferred result though.

Hope you will be ok

I wish it was the labs but I've had more than a few in a row i guess. It's been happenings for a over 3 months now and they just now told me. You'd think they would of said something earlier.

Apparently I'll be getting an observe ua bedtime i go in which will be my first time getting one. There's nothing in my system that shouldn't be so i don't have to worry about that. My fear is they are going to watch me take it, including the time it takes to dissolve. Then it'll be over since I'd have to take a full 2mg which I can't do.

Although honestly my metabolism is not good and I have a bowel disorder so maybe it could be that.

Ummm... that is suss and I am not even sure exactly why but can you recall or have any record of when you did the urines, who the person was that was the collector and anything else at all on paper as that is not really good enough on their part.

Is it possible the douchebags didnt enter the results or forgot and put in a zero?

Are you able to ask anyone else if they have had same thing?

How often do you have to test? Is it an appointment? Is it on the spot? Do they do a dipstick at the time and get a proper analysis? Is it done with proper chain of custody?

Are the subs handed out, recorded and witnessed?

Are the people running this competent? Actually don't ask that, it probably would seem rude .

Honestly it sounds like someone has fucked up

Actually hang on a minute, how long roughly is it between your dose and a urine test?

Last edited:
I usually dose about 1 hour before.

They send the urine off to a lab. I do know the dates and I believe the first one I was at 4mg or so. I did ask and it's not a normal thing. I can have it retested possibly but since there's more than one the results will probably be the same.

It dosn t seam like someone made a mistake. The only things I can think would be my health issues or I'm on a lower amount than they test for.

I kinda of though if I went to my doctors and got a blood test and it shows up could possibly buy me sometime until they figure out what to do. At least proves I'm taking some of it. I'm honestly not doing anything wrong but take less than they allow. I just want to get off but 2mg is ridiculous to jump off at.

I just don't know what to do.

lets say you wanted to add some bup strip to some urine would that make you fail for buprenorphine. if you just put a little strip in with your clean pee???
Labs test for metabolites of certain drugs. Adding said drug to your urine won’t work.

lets say you wanted to add some bup strip to some urine would that make you fail for buprenorphine. if you just put a little strip in with your clean pee???
They test for metabolites. Not the drug itself.

In the future, please don't bump threads that are this old unless there is dire need for it - the previous replies to this was in 2019.

It just helps us with keeping things tidy and stuff in the forums and stuff, and this person obviously has either solved their problem, or they didn't but it's surely too late now for advice for them.