Mental Health Subs causing my whispers to get louder

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I have SZAFFECTIVE disorder as well as OCD and PTSD. I notice that ever since I?ve been on the Suboxone my voices are getting more clearer and the wall that risperdal put up is breaking down. When I was on high doses of Norco I would only have voices when I was nodding off.

When I had my psychosis in 05 the mixture of drugs that tipped me over the edge where XTC meth and pain pills plus pot. So you can see how pain pills have altered that site in my brain and made it ultra sensitive. So does anyone else experience this. I was taking three mg of risperdal but I?m prescribed six. Now I?m starting the full six because I?m not going to screw up my progress of being clean.

I know someone has dealt with this. So can anyone chime in. Either that or I really do have to give up my Suboxone solution.

You are now taking your dose of risperdal as prescribed so at this level of use plus subs is it holding the voices back as well as before subs and half risperdal does or at this level its not enough?

Can you see your doctor again and mention this as its likely you could be kept on suboxone and moved to a different antipsychotic instead of changing your suboxone.

Dont give up without seeing your doc mate.

I’m not addicted to risperdal in the sense that I pop them to get high. But every time I’ve ever tried to get off of it I have major withdrawal. So I have a pcp prescribing my risperdal and my sub doctor is just that a Suboxone doc. I’m prescribed six mg but I was only taking three because I hate the weight gain.

But now I’m taking six because I’m very worried that my psychosis is coming out. When I see my doc I will ask them if they can ad on Abilify which was the best AP I was ever on. And see if we can either try to slowly wean me of risperdal or use them both together.

I’m on gabapentin. Risperdal. Suboxone. Prilosec. Prazosin Remeron. So I’m not on that many meds so I think adding a AP like Abilify would be ok.

The best person to help you balance your meds is the doc you see for risperdal etc and he/she will know if suboxone has any effect on your other meds.

The weight gain is shit from antipsychotics indeed. I hate exercise and hate diet restrictions . But some people seem to find added benefit of exercise and healthy eating so it depends on what you think about that to help.

I have had seroquel prescribed in the past and found it didnt affect weight and was narvellous for psychosis. Mine was drug induced and subsided after going clean. I have bouts now and again, not often but in times of high stress I heard voices even after years clean and I recall that happening a couple of times in stressful times before any drug use but didnt realise any meds could help.

I hope things get better for you.

Please dont stop using these meds without seeing your doctor mate.